Car and truck lovers unite.

Cars shows in the US are always superior to the things they call “shows” up here.

When we were travelling we went to where the ones were in the small towns. We went to one and it was at a really divey take out joint but the cars were incredible. This was before I had a phone. We also went to the Corvette Factory in Bowling Green, Kentucky. When you went in they had a visitors welcome hut, you signed in and then walked into a huge showroom filled with vintage Corvettes. Each one so perfect! My husband and I were beyond excited just to see all of this. What a memory.
I have been to a couple in Toronto and they are not exciting at all.

Last edited:
Cars shows in the US are always superior to the things they call “shows” up here.

When we were travelling we went to where the ones were in the small towns. We went to one and it was at a really divey take out joint but the cars were incredible. This was before I had a phone. We also went to the Corvette Factory in Bowling Green, Kentucky. When you went in they had a visitors welcome hut, you signed in and then walked into a huge showroom filled with vintage Corvettes. Each one so perfect! My husband and I were beyond excited just to see all of this. What a memory.
I have been to a couple in Toronto and they are not exciting at all.
totonto though! mc snow! neve campbell!

totonto though! mc snow! neve campbell!

Don’t get me wrong. Car shows really suck but the city Toronto is my home town. It’s where I was born and raised. Some ppl can’t stand downtown Toronto but I love it. I wish I could afford to live down their but with the crazy real estate prices I would have to sell my house and my cottage to be able to afford it. My husband said a defiant NEVER going to happen. We’re obviously split on this decision.

There are so many places to go and see. The ethnic culture is so diverse and the food is amazing if you know where to go. There’s always something to do.

I know where all the rehearsal places are now. I would be at one everyday, just playing because I could. I have made so many connections with other musicians over the years. I probably could put together a impromptu band within in a day or two just to jam with the amount of ppl I know down there!

Maple syrup, the CN tower and lots of snow during the winter suit me just fine.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong. Car shows really suck but the city Toronto is my home town. It’s where I was born and raised. Some ppl can’t stand downtown Toronto but I love it. I wish I could afford to live down their but with the crazy real estate prices I would have to sell my house and my cottage to be able to afford it. My husband said a defiant NEVER going to happen. We’re obviously split on this decision.

There are so many places to go and see. The ethnic culture is so diverse and the food is amazing if you know where to go. There’s always something to do.

I know where all the rehearsal places are now. I would be at one everyday, just playing because I could. I have made so many connections with other musicians over the years. I probably could put together a impromptu band within in a day or two just to jam with the amount of ppl I know down there!

Maple syrup, the CN tower and lots of snow during the winter suit me just fine.
i'd move there -- chicago, detroit, toronto, milwaukee, i love the city.

The average price of a 1 bedroom condo 2023 in Toronto is $900k not to mention your parking space and your monthly maintenance fees on top of that. It’s great if your a young urban professional. Families not so much! I see ppl struggling when I go down there just to maintain. A lot of stores, restaurants etc have not rebounded after Covid. It’s sad to see the amount businesses closed because of it.

consider moving to 1986:
alfred.jpeg

today's prices:
Screenshot%202023-05-02%20The%20Alfred%20Elegran%20Real%20Estate.png

I picked blue so Sergio wouldn’t steal it.
Good choice Steve, you will love this car. Congrats. I've had mine 2 years now, no issues. However couldn't bring myself to part w my C7 Z06 so have them both. Two totally different vehicles, both great.

My wife has always wanted an Edsel… Considering that’s her last name, I get it. They’re also really cool cars. They were in 1958 and they still are now. Despite their poor sales… way ahead of their time….

OK, not the best pix, and bike(s) not exactly in polished form (I'm a rider not a buffer) but here is my 2003 CVO FXSTDSEI HD (aka 100th Anniversary Screamin' Eagle Deuce) ;~)) I have better pix, and once I recover the RAID array I have them stored on I will post them, but for now this will have to do.

FXSTDSEI_2006_01.jpg

FXSTDSEI_2006_02.jpg

FXSTDSEI_2006_03.jpg

FXSTDSEI_2006_04.jpg

Could not find any pix of the FLSTS or the 1960 Caddy that I would consider sharing, but once again, when I recover that drive array that I lost (hopefully not premanently, just need a motherboard with the x99 chipset of the one that crashed to recover array AFIK) in November, I will post to this thread!

As for the bike above, it was my second HD. First one was a 2000 FLSTS (Heritage Springer Softail - in two of the pix above). I did not like what I was seeing for the 100th Anniversary models, they just had new badges and paint scheme, and I did not need another bike. Then I saw a picture of this bad boy. Went to the local dealership and asked about it. They said they had been allotted 4 of them (total production run supposedly 2000 of them) and there were 7 people on the wait list. I asked to be the 8th on the list and they obliged. People cancelled, I got the call and I said, oh, sh!t, how am I going to pay for this! Took out a loan to get it and glad I did. The mirrors are Arlen Ness and the seat is a Corbin Gunslinger that I designed. The stock seat on this bike was a joke IMO! Other than that, she is stock other than racing ignition module and racing pipes. Nickname for this ride is "Primadonna"!!!

OK, not the best pix, and bike(s) not exactly in polished form (I'm a rider not a buffer) but here is my 2003 CVO FXSTDSEI HD (aka 100th Anniversary Screamin' Eagle Deuce) ;~)) I have better pix, and once I recover the RAID array I have them stored on I will post them, but for now this will have to do.

FXSTDSEI_2006_01.jpg

FXSTDSEI_2006_02.jpg

FXSTDSEI_2006_03.jpg

FXSTDSEI_2006_04.jpg

Could not find any pix of the FLSTS or the 1960 Caddy that I would consider sharing, but once again, when I recover that drive array that I lost (hopefully not premanently, just need a motherboard with the x99 chipset of the one that crashed to recover array AFIK) in November, I will post to this thread!

As for the bike above, it was my second HD. First one was a 2000 FLSTS (Heritage Springer Softail - in two of the pix above). I did not like what I was seeing for the 100th Anniversary models, they just had new badges and paint scheme, and I did not need another bike. Then I saw a picture of this bad boy. Went to the local dealership and asked about it. They said they had been allotted 4 of them (total production run supposedly 2000 of them) and there were 7 people on the wait list. I asked to be the 8th on the list and they obliged. People cancelled, I got the call and I said, oh, sh!t, how am I going to pay for this! Took out a loan to get it and glad I did. The mirrors are Arlen Ness and the seat is a Corbin Gunslinger that I designed. The stock seat on this bike was a joke IMO! Other than that, she is stock other than racing ignition module and racing pipes. Nickname for this ride is "Primadonna"!!!
Nice Deuce! I had the 04 CVO Deuce, cobalt blue and black. I wish I had kept that bike. It was in show bike condition. The reason I got rid of it is I couldn't get a good saddlebag setup on it and it was getting impossible to find some parts for it. I still have two of the backrests for these, a tall one and a short one. One of them is for the year of your bike and has the anniversary badge on the back of it.

Back