Car and truck lovers unite.

I think the only car I’ve ever really loved was this Mercury Grand Marquis my dad sold to me for a $1 when he moved to Florida.

It was so fast, you could steer it with your pinky, the ride was so smooth you could hit pedestrians and not feel it (and the trunk was big enough to fit 5-6 pedestrians) and everybody thought I was an undercover cop or a Fed/ATF/DEA etc.
I am wheezing with laughter and I don’t even smoke. This is what I truly love about this forum. Everyone has a sense of humour. Some even enough to ruin pillow cases. You know who you are! Lol

After years of driving secondhand Camrys for a brutal work commute, I bought this for meself. 2SS, 1LE (track), 6 sp. manual, 6.2 V8. Launch control, performance data recorder, and cameras everywhere :oops: Maybe the last of a dying breed :( Lotta fun driving, even for errands.

hSHY2D1.jpg

3JUKR7C.jpg
Badazz

I have driven a friend’s, once. Not long enough to get a real feel for it though. I’m anxious to get it, but don’t know when. Having never ordered a Corvette before, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the buyer gets emails directly from Chevy (not the dealership) updating the build along the way. So, I know that my order (and specs) have been accepted.
A couple of months ago, my brother drove one of the new mid-engine ones cross-country with his buddy, who traded a recent Ferrari in on it. Said the 'Vette was amazing, a true world-class supercar.

85-GT-Cropped.jpg

Not what some people would call a true classic, but it was fast for it's day and a lot of fun.

Dad-s-Last-Truck-Cropped.jpg

My dad's last vehicle, that he gave to me right before he passed. I drove it every day for 11 years and was kind of sad when I traded it in, but it was time.

I'll try to remember to hop on my computer at home and upload some pics, but yeah, I'd say I'm into cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, bicycles, kayaks, all sorts of moveable objects that I've spent too much money on over the years!

Last purchase was an ambulance. Also have a 66 Barracuda, 68 Roadrunner, 2015 Indian Roadmaster as current toys, 2020 Ford Ranger as my daily.
Bunch of stuff at my dad's house, 38 Plymouth Business coupe shell, couple 55 Ford Trucks, 50 ford truck, and on and on, all need work. Someday maybe I'll have money or time to get them shipped to me.

Not the best photo, and not the best of my dad's pickups, but this is what I could find
CK_08RalphsHotrodPickup.JPG

and some big stuff for Lola
A drill rig in the far north - I saw sun sneak across the horizon for a couple of hours in January
CK_12DrillRig.JPG

And a couple of a big truck smashed to bits. One winter my dad came around a corner and saw to cars stopped in the middle of the road with their passengers milling about. He steered into the rock face so he wouldn't hit them and then jumped into the sleeper to try to keep himself alive. That worked, but as he was climbing out of the sleeper, another big truck that wasn't as alert smashed into him. Broke his neck in two places, ripped his ear off - somebody packed it into a snow ball and gave it to the paramedics to take to the hospital - 200+ stitches to sew it back on. Imaging the force it takes to bend heavy metal that much.
CK_22PassengerSide.JPG

What he crawled out of
CK_20DriverSideWindowsDetail.JPG
My dad drove a log truck, or I should say several different ones I guess, for most of his adult life and several of his teenage years. I remember one time mom grabbed us out of elementary school back in Washington State and we headed east over the mountains because he drove his truck off the mountain. Found out he lost his brakes with a full load on right before a sharp curve on the logging road, but was able to jump out right before it went over. Cab was crushed on the driver's side. Had he moved to the passenger side he might have been okay, except for maybe being tossed around a bit. Wound up with some bruises but no major injuries. Pictures were pretty crazy.

why are you selling your truck?
We have a daily driver, a cottage trip driver and a long haul driver. My husband has to be comfortable especially after his surgeries. I will get some pictures later on.
Why are you selling your truck?

Oh my, I could write a 100 page essay on the cars and bikes that have gone through my hands over the years....and I have still not learned to just buy a beater and be done with it.
My latest toy is.....

Not my actual car as im ashamed to say I dont have a single photo of it on my phone but its exactly the same year and model and colour.
Will fix the actual photos this weekend when back home.

That is so ………Suavaciously Sweet
I test drove the C8 before I bought the 911. Neither myself or the better half liked the literal internal wall Chevy built between driver and passenger in the interior.
Possibly better for pure driver interaction but as we go out for rides together it was a big no no.

Back