Car and truck lovers unite.

I really lost count as to how many vehicles we have had over the course of many years. We have owned 2 Denalis, a Cadillac Escalade, Chevy Shortbox, a Chevy Side Step but my all time favorite truck is our current one. It’s a 2005 Duramax diesel 4x4 with all the bells and whistles. My husband has maintained this truck to perfection. Hardly any rust. It is a true workhorse. None of the other cars or trucks can compare. When I sit in the passengers seat it’s like coming home for me. It has 425 k on it and the old girl is still working. I truly love this beast! We plan on keeping this old girl forever.

P.S. I spent whole day before detailing this truck inside and out. I truly can’t think of a nicer way to spend my time.

I really lost count as to how many vehicles we have had over the course of many years. We have owned 2 Denalis, a Cadillac Escalade, Chevy Shortbox, a Chevy Side Step but my all time favorite truck is our current one. It’s a 2005 Duramax diesel 4x4 with all the bells and whistles. My husband has maintained this truck to perfection. Hardly any rust. It is a true workhorse. None of the other cars or trucks can compare. When I sit in the passengers seat it’s like coming home for me. It has 425 k on it and the old girl is still working. I truly love this beast! We plan on keeping this old girl forever.

P.S. I spent whole day before detailing this truck inside and out. I truly can’t think of a nicer way to spend my time.

good job on the tires -- my grandfather explained the difference between washed and detailed to me back in the '80s. 'make it like new'. and it did take most of the day.

good job on the tires -- my grandfather explained the difference between washed and detailed to me back in the '80s. 'make it like new'. and it did take most of the day.
I got out the cue tips, the toothbrushes etc. each wheel took me about an hour. I was in heaven. After all was said and done I was very proud of my efforts. It’s just a gorgeous truck! It’s my pride and joy!

So what are your favorite big rigs? I think I like them more then any kind of car could excite me. One of my neighbours best friend drives a Kenworth rotator truck and is a television star on Heavy rescue 401 in Canada. That truck has it over any car. I am sitting in bed and just think about that gorgeous hunk of metal is so exciting for me personally. Sure I would love a 63 split window Corvette but this is much more attune to my likings. I can’t understand why they are beyond appealing to me. I just love them though.
I really dig the classic long hood tractors like the Peterbilt 359. The 389s aren't too bad either.

I really dig the classic long hood tractors like the Peterbilt 359. The 389s aren't too bad either.
Oh Peterbilts you say?!! Well you have opened up another Pandora’s box. Lol I saw one when we were in Ohio that nearly made me cry. This was matte black, done to nines with chrome and had a custom triple long sleeper on it. I waited around for awhile hoping the driver would show up so I could see inside it. I gotta find this picture.
This truck absolutely blew my mind. Better then anything on the road.

Yes.

How’s the hand?

It’s doing okay. I can’t still grasp my guitar neck without there being pain but I am not worried about it. Going to the doctor on the 27th to see what he has to say. Just another one of life’s obstacles that I will overcome. Thank you so much for asking. I really appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness!! ❤️ You are very sweet but you always have been!

I have showed this truck here a few times before but this truck is to absolutely die for. This truck is the epitome of a 10 plus. My neighbours good friend. I am out of my mind when I see this coming down the road. It shakes the ground when he puts his foot in it. If I had to do my life over again I would of been a rotator operator. If you love something you do then it is never work!

Last edited:
So what are your favorite big rigs? I think I like them more then any kind of car could excite me. One of my neighbours best friend drives a Kenworth rotator truck and is a television star on Heavy rescue 401 in Canada. That truck has it over any car. I am sitting in bed and just think about that gorgeous hunk of metal is so exciting for me personally. Sure I would love a 63 split window Corvette but this is much more attune to my likings. I can’t understand why they are beyond appealing to me. I just love them though.
So, you're what they call in the south, a "Truckin' Mama!" I just don't see you in a cowboy hat and Daisy Dukes... but then again, I don't know what you look like so maybe that really is "you." :D Your passion for those big rigs certainly exceeds any woman I've ever met. But I've got a few truck driver clients who probably know a few.

Love to see it if you can find some pictures.
I will check. He did it with a few, but the most fun was a labour of love and passion.

He spent a full summer redoing a 60s Chevy. First he ripped off the box and replaced it with a wooden one. Visualize a picket fence as the sides, but all stained to look like cedar. Then he gave the cab a deep blue paint and lots of chrome. Spare air horns from his big truck. Aircraft landing lights. Then he ran the exhaust up through the from of the box and ran the pipes from the big truck through it, complete with the chrome heat shield around the lower stack.

It looked so good, some cottager from the city offered an obscene amount of money for it so he sold it...after one last burn out. Speaking of which, he liked me to bring our new cars to visit him so he could test their burn out worthiness. He loved the rubber the 6.6 litre Trans Am laid out, but declared the Z the best handling car he had ever driven.

So, you're what they call in the south, a "Truckin' Mama!" I just don't see you in a cowboy hat and Daisy Dukes... but then again, I don't know what you look like so maybe that really is "you." :D Your passion for those big rigs certainly exceeds any woman I've ever met. But I've got a few truck driver clients who probably know a few.
f

Nah Daisy dukes are not my style.

And here is what I look like. So now you know.

You have no idea as to what you’ve started lol!!

I have no words for this truck. I was going to have a nap but I can’t. I am too over the top excited. This is why my husband takes me to but a few car and truck shows. He gets lost in the crowd while I am just yaking up a storm to the owners of these rigs. For the most part ppl are only too glad to show off their babies. I love talking to these ppl. They get my over the top exuberance and excitement. I just can’t contain myself. And I don’t really care.

This is a truck worth writing home about!! Gorgeous doesn’t even do it justice. Forget the nap! Lol

picture host

Not the best photo, and not the best of my dad's pickups, but this is what I could find
CK_08RalphsHotrodPickup.JPG

and some big stuff for Lola
A drill rig in the far north - I saw sun sneak across the horizon for a couple of hours in January
CK_12DrillRig.JPG

And a couple of a big truck smashed to bits. One winter my dad came around a corner and saw to cars stopped in the middle of the road with their passengers milling about. He steered into the rock face so he wouldn't hit them and then jumped into the sleeper to try to keep himself alive. That worked, but as he was climbing out of the sleeper, another big truck that wasn't as alert smashed into him. Broke his neck in two places, ripped his ear off - somebody packed it into a snow ball and gave it to the paramedics to take to the hospital - 200+ stitches to sew it back on. Imaging the force it takes to bend heavy metal that much.
CK_22PassengerSide.JPG

What he crawled out of
CK_20DriverSideWindowsDetail.JPG

Some years ago my gang developed a product we called HotRod, so I hunted down cars to put in the marketing literature.
I liked the ones where you could see the engine.
CK_06LittleWhiteRod.jpg

a better look at the baby on the right - this is a functioning car for one small person.
CK_07MidgetFlameRod.jpg

I also like yellow
CK_11YellowROD.jpg

the builder had to much fun with this one
CK_13MassiveEnginedRodAAA.jpg

more yellow
CK_19YellowTopless.jpg

Let's mix it up and add some flames
CK_31YellowFlameRodAAA.jpg

to much yellow? my neighbours car.
CK_36TonysFord2.jpg

and the marketing guys wanted something more like this - owned by another neighbour
CK_34YellowPurpleOlds2AAA.jpg

And a few more random car photos.

The Indy road course looks quite different from inside the pace car. For reasons unknown, we got locked inside the track after. I guess somebody forgot we were there. Worth it to be able to stop and chat with Rossi while he was doing his walk through the trickiest corners.
CK_153LRidesSafetyCar.JPG

After the final stage of the Tour de France, we saw this wandering around. I found it funny.
CK_40SmartAndBusAAA.JPG

and an interesting concept car for those of us who drive GTIs
CK_07GTIConceptSide.JPG

Back