Car and truck lovers unite.

Drives : Porsche 987.2 S with "R" suspension and sport exhaust 19" carrera rims and Pilot 4s, Audio SQ5 for a DD.
Motorcycles : Triumph TFC Thruxton #083/750 , Ducati 950 Supersport S, HD Street Glide 103" Stage II
RTZLISSXP5FY3MUJWDNB4MHEQA.jpg

Last edited:
And I’ll wager it was at least $10,000 over MSRP.
I wouldn't be surprised. The one on the Caddy lot was Orange, which I really liked. The one on the Chevy lot was a powder/pastel blue. Kinda Sky Blue. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Although, IIRC, didn't you get to test drive one at some point?

Drives : Porsche 987.2 S with "R" suspension and sport exhaust 19" carrera rims and Pilot 4s, Audio SQ5 for a DD.
Motorcycles : Triumph TFC Thruxton #083/750 , Ducati 950 Supersport S, HD Street Glide 103" Stage II

I'd really like (I think) to have a 997 C4S. Money no object, a 993 C2S. Currently on my second GTI (MK7.5) and was after a kharman Ghia but my wife said it was ugly and I wasn't allowed but a 911 was ok so I figured that was a fair deal to work towards down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised. The one on the Caddy lot was Orange, which I really liked. The one on the Chevy lot was a powder/pastel blue. Kinda Sky Blue. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Although, IIRC, didn't you get to test drive one at some point?

I have driven a friend’s, once. Not long enough to get a real feel for it though. I’m anxious to get it, but don’t know when. Having never ordered a Corvette before, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the buyer gets emails directly from Chevy (not the dealership) updating the build along the way. So, I know that my order (and specs) have been accepted.

Try AI. That generates some pretty cool pictures. I don’t really like AI. The thoughts of it are pretty scary.
hmmm, you just gave me an idea... where can I try AI to generate a picture?

That is frigging just happy dance gorgeous!! The design, the colour, the aerodynamics. This gives me shivers!!
The regular Sting Ray would give you shivers. That one would give you quivers, shakes, maybe convulsions, and who knows what else!

To put it in perspective, the Sting Ray will go 1 to 100MPH and back to 0 in 10 seconds. 0-100 and back to a full stop in 10 seconds. The 0-100 part is 6 seconds or so. That is freaking incredible. This ZO6 will blow the Sting Ray off the road.

You're talking regular Vette's. Steve's is a ZO6. They aren't out yet.

Howie, my C8 is a Stingray Z51. (My C7 is a Z06). That’s how hard the Stingray is to get at MSRP. The C8 Z06 is impossible. The first one I know of sold for $100,000 over sticker! Chevy is having major parts shortages. It looks like the Z06 may be a “one and done” because the ERay is scheduled for ‘24. The C8 Z06 will be a collector’s car.

Z06 I have has rides in. My son’s friend has a 2020. Speed scares the bejesus out of me. I am in love with the looks more so.

I have been relentless about looking for more pictures. I don’t know where the pics are. I am going to find them! We actually had a 68, 69 and a 73 Stingray Corvette. We drove to Florida and back in our 73. That was when we were young, carefree and a little crazy with youth.

Howie, my C8 is a Stingray Z51. (My C7 is a Z06). That’s how hard the Stingray is to get at MSRP. The C8 Z06 is impossible. The first one I know of sold for $100,000 over sticker! Chevy is having major parts shortages. It looks like the Z06 may be a “one and done” because the ERay is scheduled for ‘24. The C8 Z06 will be a collector’s car.
Yes, I meant the one you were getting... I thought you told me you were on the list for a Z06. I have two other friends who are, and thought you were too. Did I get that wrong? Or did you change your mind due to this unknown waiting period/price gouging thing? I need to get an update from my friend who is a retired GM exec, because his was initially for his employee price, then they told him sticker and he still agreed. It's been months since I asked though.

I always wanted a 2 door Jeep Wrangler. A little over 3 years ago and 9 years into retirement, I traded my high end SUV for a dual top 2 door Wrangler. I still love driving it- especially from late Spring to early Fall with the top down.

Bit it’s bicycles that get my geek on. I have 4 including 2 Private Stock, ie custom made to my specs.

Back