Capo, Capos, Capo's?

well, regardless of the proper grammar and spelling, a capo on an electric guitar is sooooo lame ... it's just wrong.

well, regardless of the proper grammar and spelling, a capo on an electric guitar is sooooo lame ... it's just wrong.

Don't tell Don Felder...

They also come in real handy if you play with a female singer who likes to transpose keys. Or, if you just want to explore some different tonalities.

Last edited by a moderator:
YnpkV.jpg

/thread

Reactions: Jo-
Do you have a reasoning for them being 'lame?'

They're a tool that can be used to expand the tonal palette of a guitar, much like a slide, Ebow, or any other accessory. Yes, some people use them to play songs in different keys easier - whatever works for them. For me, I use them from time to time to come up with different voicings/arrangement in a band setting, so I'm not always playing in the same chordal position/timbre as our singer's guitar playing.

Please don't tell David Grissom or Warren Haynes this! Good Day for the Blues DG always capos at 5th Fret!
Warren Haynes capo on 2nd fret Hattiesburg Hustle!!

Just get a Steinberger with a trans-trem and you won't have to admit you're using one.

Back