Cancun is awesome!

NomadMike

Spent a week down there soaking up sun, Bahama Mommas, Coronas and a very fine looking Mrs. Nomad. Just a total work detox. Didn't touch a keyboard, iPad or phone, no talk of work or anything that was a problem. Didn't even think about guitar until I bumped into a guy with a Mono double gig bag at the airport who just finished up a gig at the Hard Rock and was heading to California for his next job. I asked him about the Mono and he said it was the only way he could get around with his guitars by air. Most of the time he would get the bag in the coat closer or overhead, but often he had to check it and it always came through OK.

Man, I could use a vaca. Glad you had a great one! I want one of those Mono dual bags bad, I just don't wanna shell out the $. I'd be worried about checking it though:eek:

Me too, but it can happen. It happened to me on this trip with my carry on when they said I had to check it because of no over head space being left. Of course once on there was plenty of over head and even some empty bins. I will say that the Mono double was pretty thick and must have been heavy with two Fenders in it so I can see it getting tagged at the door, but it did seem protective enough for hand checked.
Flying with guitars is always going to be a gamble.

Never been. Glad you had a good time. I also use the Mono dual gig bags when traveling. I really like them.

A vacation sounds wonderful right about now. Don't have anything scheduled until November though. I have time, just nothing scheduled as yet. Probably September. I could use a slightly longer vacation - 30 or 40 years should do it.

Over two hundred resorts in the Cancun area Shawn, most with some nice beaches. :)

Back