Can you buy from PRS their newer wraparound bridge with the brass inserts? Don’t see it on their website..

If you’re talking about the non adjustable version those are on “Paul’s” guitars. You might find one second hand that someone took off but might be a tough one to find.

HBjmhwq.jpg

If you're talking about the one that Bowtiefanatc shared a picture of (non-adjustable saddles, but has the tiny brass inserts at the edge where the strings touch), then no you cannot buy them separately from PRS--only if you buy an actual Paul's Guitar (or other select limited-edition guitars that they've appeared on). You can occasionally find them on the used market, though, if somebody has taken one off their guitar and decides to sell it.

Now if you're talking about the adjustable-saddle wrap-around bridge (on which the adjustable saddles themselves are brass), then yes it's called the "adjustable stoptail bridge" and you can get 'em from the PRS Accessory store.

If you're talking about the one that Bowtiefanatc shared a picture of (non-adjustable saddles, but has the tiny brass inserts at the edge where the strings touch), then no you cannot buy them separately from PRS--only if you buy an actual Paul's Guitar (or other select limited-edition guitars that they've appeared on). You can occasionally find them on the used market, though, if somebody has taken one off their guitar and decides to sell it.

Now if you're talking about the adjustable-saddle wrap-around bridge (on which the adjustable saddles themselves are brass), then yes it's called the "adjustable stoptail bridge" and you can get 'em from the PRS Accessory store.
Yeah, but they did sell them outside of the PRS Store. I remember Shawn posting about it in some thread. Not sure if it was a limited quantity, or what, but he said they were available to purchase. I don't remember where I got mine, but I bought one and put it on my DC-22. It had to be late 2019 or early 2020. I got my Mira in December, 2019 and put the bridge from the DC-22 on it when I put the one with the brass inserts on the DC-22.

Yeah, but they did sell them outside of the PRS Store. I remember Shawn posting about it in some thread. Not sure if it was a limited quantity, or what, but he said they were available to purchase. I don't remember where I got mine, but I bought one and put it on my DC-22. It had to be late 2019 or early 2020. I got my Mira in December, 2019 and put the bridge from the DC-22 on it when I put the one with the brass inserts on the DC-22.
@bodia , did you notice an increase in sustain or tone change with the new bridge?

Had to dig a little bit, but I found it. Page two, post 36

Interesting. It IS in the PRS accessories store as the unplated polished aluminum stoptail with studs. It’s the same part number from Bodia’s link to the old post Shawn made about them.
SKU 101686:001:001:

Interesting. It IS in the PRS accessories store as the unplated polished aluminum stoptail with studs. It’s the same part number from Bodia’s link to the old post Shawn made about them.
SKU 101686:001:001:
Thanks. It is now but It wasn’t a few days ago… weird…. At any rate I ended buying a Mann Made 2400 from John. No matter how much I cleaned the slots on the B and E string of the wrap tailpiece on my 93 Custom 22, they wouldn’t stop buzzing it was from hand corrosion…. And it wasn’t the nut or the frets….. neck relief was perfect…..been doing my own setups for many years.. I’m sure the new bridge will add new life to my old 22, which in general is a really nice, very well made Annapolis guitar

Thanks. It is now but It wasn’t a few days ago… weird…. At any rate I ended buying a Mann Made 2400 from John. No matter how much I cleaned the slots on the B and E string of the wrap tailpiece on my 93 Custom 22, they wouldn’t stop buzzing it was from hand corrosion…. And it wasn’t the nut or the frets….. neck relief was perfect…..been doing my own setups for many years.. I’m sure the new bridge will add new life to my old 22, which in general is a really nice, very well made Annapolis guitar
Can’t go wrong with the MannMade!

Just to confirm:

At the time of writing (8:53am EDT, 5 May 2022), this product is available at the PRS accessories store. It is the Unplated Polished Aluminum non-adjustable stop tail, and the image shows brass inserts where the strings make contact:

Machined_PRS_Stoptail_Brass_Inserts_101686-001-001_7fbe929b-015e-4407-b691-68139b19fb7b_1000x.jpg

This one is used but a great deal. Holy cow. I just bought one from MusicZoo. Weird that they are super hard to find now.

Just to confirm:

At the time of writing (8:53am EDT, 5 May 2022), this product is available at the PRS accessories store. It is the Unplated Polished Aluminum non-adjustable stop tail, and the image shows brass inserts where the strings make contact:

Machined_PRS_Stoptail_Brass_Inserts_101686-001-001_7fbe929b-015e-4407-b691-68139b19fb7b_1000x.jpg
I just ordered one and the order went through. Or seems to have. Thanks!

Back