Can you buy 57/08's

bstaggs

I thought I had seen 57/08 pickups for sale on the PRS website, but today I am not seeing them. Am I mistaken, or did you remove them?

Thanks,

--
bstaggs

I don't think that model has ever been available from the website.

After some thought, I do believe I am mistaken. I wonder how PRS decides what pickups they will resale and which one they will not?

After some thought, I do believe I am mistaken. I wonder how PRS decides what pickups they will resale and which one they will not?

Me too. I assume it gives some of their guitars an element of exclusivity, but then I don't know why they've sold 59/09 and 53/10 pickups aftermarket but not the 57/08's.

Looking for a used set is worth your while, if you can get them at a decent price, $300-350ish. Or, get the 59/09's, they're very similar and you can buy them new. I haven't heard many people say they liked one and not the other.

The PTC will install 57/08s if you send your guitar to them (obviously, only PRS guitars are eligible!)

Last I checked it was $450 + shipping.

Dude I just put 59/09 bridge and 57/08 in the neck, both sqwabins. My ce has never sounded better. I really wanna try a 57/08 in the bridge of a CE.

I've thought about that combo too.

I've been too busy to get to it but I have 8515s ready to go into my Mccarty along with new switching. It's killing me to not have it done yet.

I love the 57/08 and 59/09 combination in a WL Ted (Rosewood neck). Kinda wish I could replicate it in a non-PRS guitar. Fortunately, there are other options.

Back