Can you add the piezo to Custom 22s

You'd have to call the PTC group to get official answer. My guess is no, since internal routing necessary for 2 output jacks and battery compartment would seriously impact the tone of the body. Plus I imagine the cost of doing that would be pretty steep.

I asked the question a while back and was told no - There are routes done that can't be done after assembly. Oh and you wouldn't want the HB Piezo anyway, you'd want the new smaller design from the P22.

So the answer is get a P22 :D

You can, but it will have to be with an aftermarket unit. The PRS piezo system requires a thicker body to install, but PTC can install a Graphtech GHOST system for you. Obviously this isn't an official response and you would need to reach out to PTC directly, but when contacting them make sure you ask if they can install the Graphtech system. Otherwise they will assume you mean the PRS unit and that sadly cannot be done.

IMG_1162.JPG

Yeap, the Graphtech will fit is nicely.
Here is my Custom 24. Any decent tech could do it IMHO, if the PTC is far from you.

Cool, thanks for the replies guys! Turns out FedEx lost the guitar I wanted to put it in anyway, so maybe next time I'll just wait to afford a P22 or HB to begin with.

It's been a while since I tried any Graphtech stuff, but I didn't care for the non piezo graphtech saddles I had on some strats before I switched to PRS, I felt like I lost too much snap or something. Come to think of it I didn't really like the bright crystally sproingy-ness of piezo pickups either til I tried the PRS HB - Is the p22 piezo at least as full sounding?

Last edited:
Back