Can someone tell me when my guitar was made?

Rh1115

Hello..newbie here.
Picked up a PRS CE today..dirt cheap!
Im trying to find out how old it is.
Someone has played the hell out of this thing. The clear coat has been worn off in some areas on the back of the neck and slightly yellowed.
The serial number is:
9 CE20754
Can anyone decode it for me?
Thanks!

1999 is my guess. I would think 2009 would have a higher serial number. I could be wrong.

Does it have wing tuners or phase 2

1999 is my guess. I would think 2009 would have a higher serial number. I could be wrong.

Does it have wing tuners or phase 2

The original tuners are gone.
It has some sort of locking tuners on it now. Look like Sperzels.
I wish i could post pics..
I tried uploading pics to my photo bucket account, but all i get is massive pop ups.
Dont have a computer, only phone.

Thanks for the info.
I'll email customer service and see what they say.

The original tuners are gone.
It has some sort of locking tuners on it now. Look like Sperzels.
I wish i could post pics..
I tried uploading pics to my photo bucket account, but all i get is massive pop ups.
Dont have a computer, only phone.

Thanks for the info.
I'll email customer service and see what they say.

I would think a person would be more likely to replace wing tuners before phase 2.
Wing tuners work well but are cumbersome to use at first. So that makes me think 1999.

If it's a ce24 then most likely has HFS/VB pickups. If ce22 most likely has Dragon 1s which rock.

I would think a person would be more likely to replace wing tuners before phase 2.
Wing tuners work well but are cumbersome to use at first. So that makes me think 1999.

If it's a ce24 then most likely has HFS/VB pickups. If ce22 most likely has Dragon 1s which rock.
I believe you are correct about it being a CE24.
I pulled the pickups to look for modkat markings and i remember the neck pickup said "vintage bass" and had PRS USA engraved into the metal.
The modkat code is:
CEM4F_MSIDT_DS-NH_V5
i put it in the decoder and it gave me all the details about the guitar and everything was spot on.
Just couldnt get the date of manufacture.

Back