Can someone do me a favour? Neck measurements.

Runningman

I'm in the process of making complete 3D profiles of all the major neck profiles during lockdown for comparison between brands, and have moved onto PRS. Namely the Pattern Regular and Pattern Thin varieties. However none of the information online (even on the PRS neck profile website seems to add up when scaled together) one PRS page says the nut width is 45.6mm, while the other says it is 40.09mm, and there is no page with enough dimensions on it to do this without combining sources.

Below is what I have scaled for the USA PRS so far, I believe the headstock has scaled accurately, however the neck has not. If you have a set of callipers lying around could you quickly check the measurements of the fretboard Width Nut and Body end of the fretboard and the neck Depth of the 1st and 12th frets?

Last edited:
I personally would be careful about discussing/obtaining exact PRS measurements for use in 3D modeling.

My guitar's neck seems to match the published PRS specification pretty perfectly. The dimensions are imperial, not metric, so maybe that's a cause for the failed scaling?

Fair enough. I've taken the headstock dimensions off the page, I'll cut those out of the final page too.

I personally would be careful about discussing/obtaining exact PRS measurements for use in 3D modeling.

My guitar's neck seems to match the published PRS specification pretty perfectly. The dimensions are imperial, not metric, so maybe that's a cause for the failed scaling?

Yes I sussed that much out, it gave me the nut width and depth, and the end of the fretboard width, however I still need one more depth to profile correctly. Do you know the depth at the 12th fret?

Back