Can i move the neck guitar strap pin? SE Angelus

Ekkomouse

I just got an SE Angelus, first PRS and am bonding with it pretty well but every time i go up the neck the guitar strap pin gets in my way. I haven't even put a strap on it but i imagine it will be worse. Has anyone moved the pin to the back of the neck into the white section? Also what brand and gauge strings are the factory strings?

so far its a great guitar other than this, cant understand why it would be there with a cutaway design.

so far its a great guitar other than this, cant understand why it would be there with a cutaway design.

Taylor and Martin put the strap buttons in the exact same place on their cutaway acoustics. Apparently a lot of folks like this location, since the screw bites into thick wood it's pretty secure.

My preference is to have no strap button on an acoustic.

Here's an article on how to decide where to put it, assuming that you do want to have a strap button:

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Musician/GenSetup/StrapButton/strapbutton2.html

If you decide to put it the bottom of the heel cap, be careful, you could crack the neck heel. I'd check with PRS before doing it in any case.

Last edited:
Nice link, it's very helpful. This is my second acoustic so I'm not as familiar with Taylor and others. I did try some Taylor's and martins in store but I guess I didn't notice then. I didn't have a chance to play the prs before buying, but it is just a minor inconvenience. I will probably move the pin but I will contact prs first. Thanks for the advice!

I just got an SE Angelus, first PRS and am bonding with it pretty well but every time i go up the neck the guitar strap pin gets in my way. I haven't even put a strap on it but i imagine it will be worse. Has anyone moved the pin to the back of the neck into the white section? Also what brand and gauge strings are the factory strings?

My SE Angelus Custom came with D'Addario EJ16 Phosphor Bronze Lights -.012-.053 Great strings! ENJOY!

Back