Can Anyone Tell Me?

Canadian PRSGUY

I didn't pick up a guitar for myself at exp 2012. My wife was in an accident and it put a bummer in this years events. I did pick up a guitar for a friend (PRS SE Zach Myres-silver sparkle) I cleaned it up for him and to my surprise it had a Tone Pros bridge. I was wondering does anyone know if these are standard on the ZM guitars?

BTW
This is a great guitar. I told him either way I AM BUYING THE GUITAR if he wants it he can have it (I need another like a hole in the head) but it was a used steal. I got shafted on the gig bag but picked up an earnie ball with a Marshall practice amp on it. He loves the guitar and the finish.

I set it up for him cleaned it and man what a guitar ebony & mahogany go great together!

The other thing that surprised me was the body thickness these suckers are FAT FAT FAT or have I just not had a single cut in my hands in a long time?

Love the guitar and let him know I'll take it if he loses interest

Hey bud... Sorry to hear about your wife's accident and hope she makes a full recovery!

Just took a gander at the specs for the ZM.

It does appear to have a Tonepros Adjustable Stoptail from stock.

Nice looking guitar! :)

I recently picked up the SE Akesson and the specs are very similar (ebony, tonepros, thick body). It's all stock on both models, and they're tone machines for sure! These things are a steal when you consider they're the same price as the 245 new.

Totally missed it when I looked up the specs.

SE ZACH MYERS SIGNATURE MODEL SPECS
BODY
Top Wood Beveled Maple Top with Flame Maple Veneer (no veneer on opaque finishes)
Back Wood Thick Mahogany
NECK
Number of Frets 22
Scale Length 25"
Neck Wood Mahogany
Fretboard Wood Ebony
Neck Shape Wide Fat
Fretboard Inlays Fleur-De-Lis at 12th Fret
HARDWARE/ELECTRONICS
Bridge TonePros Adjustable Stoptail
Tuners PRS Designed Tuners
Truss Rod Cover "ZM"
Hardware Type Nickel
Treble Pickup PRS Designed SE Treble Humbucker
Middle Pickup PRS Designed SE Bass Humbucker
Bass Pickup PRS Designed SE Bass Humbucker
Pickup Switching Two Volume and Two Tone Controls (clear knobs) with 3-Way Toggle On Upper Bout

Small Suggestion for the Tone Pros adjustable bridges...My wife and I got our son a Zach Myers and he absolutely loves it...My only small gripe is in the design of the bridge...When changing a single string, it was a bit tricky, with lining up the string with the "front" and "back" holes on the body of the bridge, before wrapping it around the bridge. You need to bend the string and line it up, while going around the bridge pickup...may be a pain if it happens during a gig. A simple solution is to replace the adjustable bridge with the standard un-adjustable bridge that comes on most SE PRS's. My experiences have been that the unadjustable bridges intonation are pretty darn close anyway. OR...is there an easier solution for this problem???

Back