Can anyone identify these inlays?

Scott Black

Hi all.

I've found someone selling a PRS 24 SE custom in my local area which seems to be at a good price!

After hours of looking online, however, I've been unable to find a PRS guitar with the same inlays that it has. The ones I see in demo videos/images etc all have different birds whereas this has the same birds / double birds on the 12th fret.

The closest inlays I can find is the 20th-anniversary model but they're still different!

My concern is that because of this I can't tell what the value of the guitar should be!

Fhwv25g.jpg

If anyone can identify the inlays and tell me why they're "different" that would be great!

There was one in Black Cherry on eBay recently that I really wanted, but have run out of space...in any case, it also had the standard SE trc.

I had a 30th Anni guitar in quilted brown as well, it was my introduction to PRS and was a seriously killer guitar. Looking around, it seems they've increased in price a bit since I bought mine back in 2017. Going off of Reverb's guide, it looks like they're in the the $650ish range these days.

Hey! I'm new to the forum! I'm aldo looking to buy a SE custom 24 30th anniversary, it looks pretty legit, but it doesn't have the double birds in the 12th fret, is that a fake?

It's not a 30th without the double birds on the 12th. We'll need pics to know if it's a fake. I might be a different year.

Looks legit, it's just not a 30th anni package SE. Looks like it might be a 2015 guitar, but not using the 30th birds. Might also just be a 2016. Nice guitar.
Thank you so much for the help! I was researching and found out that it is actually the 2016 model, but produced in 2015.

Back