Can anyone help me identify which PRS guitar this is?

AdmiralJuicy

Hello all!

I'm looking to buy a new PRS and I've been eyeing one which one of my favorite players has been using since around 2011/2010.

The guitar in question seems to be a PRS Mark Tremonti Stoptail BL but unfortunately there are not enough pictures of it online to compare the two of them with.

Here's a picture from one of their gigs they played in 2011, I've added some crude annotations that might help identify the guitar :D

mlHWRp0.jpg

Now the same picture without said annotations:

dI6Ofrt.png

The band's name is MAXIMUM THE HORMONE and they're a Japanese band, so coming across information about them is pretty hard unless you're fluent in Japanese so this is driving me crazy!

Does anyone have any clue?

Cheers!

Hello all!

I'm looking to buy a new PRS and I've been eyeing one which one of my favorite players has been using since around 2011/2010.

The guitar in question seems to be a PRS Mark Tremonti Stoptail BL but unfortunately there are not enough pictures of it online to compare the two of them with.

Here's a picture from one of their gigs they played in 2011, I've added some crude annotations that might help identify the guitar :D

mlHWRp0.jpg

Now the same picture without said annotations:

dI6Ofrt.png

The band's name is MAXIMUM THE HORMONE and they're a Japanese band, so coming across information about them is pretty hard unless you're fluent in Japanese so this is driving me crazy!

Does anyone have any clue?

Cheers!

Looks like a Tremonti, to me. Truss rod cover is removed, not scratched off. Lots of guys leave them off if they are making truss rod adjustments. The pickups are correct. The neck is covered and the bridge is uncovered on the Tremonti. Knobs would be a personal thing. Set it, and forget it, maybe? Also, you've got the Tremonti name as the 12th fret marker.

That's the original Tremonti model from the '00's. The mismatched pickups are normal. Truss rod cover is gone and no idea why someone put that string retainer on there.

I think the Gorilla tape on the toggle is factory installed:p

Lol - I am one of those dudes that accidentally flips the switch when it's in the LP spot. The solution on my SC245 was to "flip" the switch. When it's in the "up" position I am on the bridge pickup (where I want to be most of the time anyway), in the "down" position I am on the neck pickup. Live, it was weird at first, but I actually prefer it and I didn't stick tape on my beautiful guitar, lol. I have two other Singlecuts and I made the switch on those, too, because I like it better....

Tape - geesh.......

Back