Can anybody tell me about my PRS' information?Thanks

beckhamcabbage

I got a PRS guitar from my friend, but cannot find out any information about it, only be told that it's a custom24 USA made in 2002.
Can anyone help me? Thanks
5669796020170605151743068_640.jpg

I got a PRS guitar from my friend, but cannot find out any information about it, only be told that it's a custom24 USA made in 2002.

Weird, I can't see the pic in your post, but when I hit reply it showed up in the reply box.

Looks like a Custom 24 from that pic. We'd need to see more pics of it to help out more. Also, there should be a sticker, like a bar code, on the side of the case, and under the bridge pick up. That's called the Modcat. If you enter the numbers/letters here:

http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

You will get the specs of your guitar.

Looks right for an '02, but I think it may be a Standard 24. Does it have exposed maple along the edge of the top? If yes, Custom, if no, Standard.

You can verify the serial number on the support section of the PRS site.

Weird, I can't see the pic in your post, but when I hit reply it showed up in the reply box.

Looks like a Custom 24 from that pic. We'd need to see more pics of it to help out more. Also, there should be a sticker, like a bar code, on the side of the case, and under the bridge pick up. That's called the Modcat. If you enter the numbers/letters here:

http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

You will get the specs of your guitar.
Thanks for your reply, I've already got the information from the website:

Model: Custom 22/24
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 24
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Non-Ten Top
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern/Regular (Standard)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Inlay: Moons (pre-2008)
Bridge: Tremolo or 2-Piece Bridge
Color: Platinum Metallic
Hardware: Nickel
Treble Pickup: HFS Treble
Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: Vintage Bass
Electronics: 5-Way Rotary

Excellent! I love Platinum, really shows off the curves of the guitar.

I have a friend who had a Standard 22 in Platinum with gold hardware. Strange combo, but somehow it looked pretty cool!

Back