Can a pre-2014 Archon owner help a brother out with some info?

andy474x

Knows the Drill
Hey fellas,

Looking for some info on the Archon effects loop circuit, to see if it has any correlation to another PRS amp. Specifically wanting to know what the value of the R6 resistor, location pictured below, is on the Archon (pre-2014, before they implemented the new loop circuit). So, anyone who has one of those amps stock, or if you've done the loop mod, this is the resistor that gets replaced, so if you recall what it was that was taken out (not what went in). If you don't know the value, that's ok, just the color of the 4 bands works too.

Thanks!

Looking for what's circled in red, of course obscured in any photo I could find online!

51548299217_8ea0577a1c_b.jpg

51548299232_90ccd45c81_b.jpg

Andy,
I will certainly send a photo of my April 2014 when I return from vacation.
The only shots I have in my phone are external.

Boy, wish I could help ya buddy. Mine got replaced long ago. No idea what was in there to begin with. Forgot how awesome that amp looks inside!

Hey fellas,

Looking for some info on the Archon effects loop circuit, to see if it has any correlation to another PRS amp. Specifically wanting to know what the value of the R6 resistor, location pictured below, is on the Archon (pre-2014, before they implemented the new loop circuit). So, anyone who has one of those amps stock, or if you've done the loop mod, this is the resistor that gets replaced, so if you recall what it was that was taken out (not what went in). If you don't know the value, that's ok, just the color of the 4 bands works too.

Thanks!

Looking for what's circled in red, of course obscured in any photo I could find online!

Lemme take a look at mine when I get home later...

Hey fellas,

Thanks!

Mine is dated 12/23/2014...want me to pull the chassis and take a look?

Hey fellas,

Thanks!

Here you go Andy
100K ohm +/- 5%
brown, black, yellow and gold
51611175984_144dc68d1d_b.jpg

51610514606_9ea08535e9_b.jpg

I got mine opened up this weekend and took the shots for you.
I also talked with Matt King at PRS and he sent me the Schematic and instructions for the loop mod and he gave me permission to post here so I will put together a quick step by step in this amplifier section for the loop mod.

Back