Can a person have a custom 1 off PRS built?

I am interested in having a 1 off PRS double neck guitar custom built.
With elaborate Dragons and stuff inlaid on the body and fretboard, kind of like the 20th anniversary Dragon, but completely different.
.594 style, stop tail, Brazilian neck and Brazilian fretboard.
Is this something that could actually be done?

I am interested in having a 1 off PRS double neck guitar custom built.
With elaborate Dragons and stuff inlaid on the body and fretboard, kind of like the 20th anniversary Dragon, but completely different.
.594 style, stop tail, Brazilian neck and Brazilian fretboard.
Is this something that could actually be done?

I’m guessing yes, because of the words in bold above. I think it depends upon how much PRS wants to hold the dragon theme exclusive.

You can probably get most of it.
PRS will not redo one of their dragons for you. As 11top mentioned, it is hard to say what they would do with other dragon artwork.

Check with a dealer for the real answer.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks!
I will contact some dealers to try and get some price quotes and see what can and can't be done. The type of dragon inlay I want is totally different than any other Dragon they've ever done. I was considering purchasing a original dragon, but then I thought well wouldn't a completely custom dragon that's truly one of a kind be more interesting than an old one that 75 to 100 people all also have one. I want a different scene depicted or story told on my guitar, perhaps even design my own one of a kind breed of Dragon. I have a lot of ideas for it. I want something that is even more over the top that the 02 or 20th Dragons, something that blows them out of the water in uniqueness and originality. I want to take the Dragon concept to an even more extreme level than has ever been done before in the Dragon series. The 9 original Dragons is just my inspiration. I want a Dragon that would be worthy of Nigel saying, but this Dragon goes to Eleven.

\m/

Thanks!
I will contact some dealers to try and get some price quotes and see what can and can't be done. The type of dragon inlay I want is totally different than any other Dragon they've ever done. I was considering purchasing a original dragon, but then I thought well wouldn't a completely custom dragon that's truly one of a kind be more interesting than an old one that 75 to 100 people all also have one. I want a different scene depicted or story told on my guitar, perhaps even design my own one of a kind breed of Dragon. I have a lot of ideas for it. I want something that is even more over the top that the 02 or 20th Dragons, something that blows them out of the water in uniqueness and originality. I want to take the Dragon concept to an even more extreme level than has ever been done before in the Dragon series. The 9 original Dragons is just my inspiration. I want a Dragon that would be worthy of Nigel saying, but this Dragon goes to Eleven.

\m/
I really hope they can make this work for you! I know we'd all love to see how it comes out!!!

My dealer left me a voicemail today giving me a little info on doing a custom build. He said that the inlay work alone, dependent upon the inlay and inlay process would take about 2 years for the scene I described, not even including whatever the build time for the guitar would be. I imagine inlay with guitar build time would probably be 2.5 to 3 years all together. Ballpark price off top of their head was about 25K for a singleneck and 30K for a doubleneck.
I was expecting the price to be about that much. But, the wait time is about twice as long as I was expecting. I think 18 months would be the longest I am prepared to wait. So I'm going to think about it awhile longer, but I will probably just buy one of the used Dragons, preferably one of the first 6 since they have the Brazilian rosewood. But who knows, that inlay on the 35th is amazing looking too, I just wish the dragons flame on that one had been Gold instead of orange/reddish, just doesn't seem to fit in as well with the rest of it.

Back