Can 85/15 pickups be bought separately?

Merlin01

Just ordered a 2016 SE Custom 24 and wondering if the Bass/Treble 85/15 pickups from CE24 and core Custom 24 can be bought separately?
They are not on the list of currently available pickups from PRS but I'm curious if they will ever become available from the parts & accessories store?

Can't at the moment. Who knows what the future holds...

...or get lucky and find someone selling them because they wanted something else, but they probably won't be cheap!

Can't afford USA made (exchange rate + import + GST is ridiculous). And none of the SE's have the 85/15's in them so was just wondering if the stock pickups could be swapped out with better ones....
I could end up being happy with the stock ones, but there may be some people who swapped them out for other 3rd party options... None on eBay today though :(, except those attached to a guitar :D

The CE24 USA 85/15s, and it cheaper than Core.

Not sure what you're looking to spend. There's also all the standard aftermarket options.

The CE24 USA 85/15s, and it cheaper than Core.
Yes, the CE24 is what brought my attention to PRS after seeing an advertisement for them, especially because it was about mid-priced in their product line up. If all things were equal and US$2K meant AU$2K, I could do it - however at the moment US$2K means AU$4.2K and that prices me out of the really nice stuff. So my economic reality is US price plus 110%.
After a bit of research I noticed the CE24 & Custom 24 both share the same pickups -85/15's- and wondered if it would be possible to upgrade a SE C24 with them.
The 85/15's stand out above other aftermarket options because of the less noticeable volume drop when splitting the coils, which appears to be a new feature this year. And that really appeals to me.

Back