Calling All Cards!

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I'm going to take little a "Tech Break" and try to unplug from the net for the next few weeks. My family deserves a lot more of my time than they've been getting. I'm going to fix that immediately.

2012 has been a year of significant change and uncertainty. For some of us, it's been the most difficult year imaginable. And through that adversity, I've seen a tremendous amount of courage. It inspires me to try to be a better man. It is my greatest hope that you guys (and gals) take the time, in your own way, to connect (or reconnect) with the people in your lives who make every day worth living -- whether that connection exists here or can only be found offline.

I am leaning on all of you (especially those of you who committed to a card) to help keep the energy levels up around here. There are some pretty cool things coming for this community in 2013 (not to mention my 40th Birthday bash) so keep an eye on that "Active Membership" counter at the bottom of the home page. It's consistently in the high 480's right now. Please don't let it dip! If you sent me your mailing address, keep an eye on your mailbox over the next few weeks.

A parting thought as I sign off... Gibson no longer has Orville. Fender no longer has Leo. But Paul Smith, the founder of PRS Guitars, is very much alive and he knows you guys are here (link to his recent post) on the official PRS Guitars forum. I think it's pretty cool that we have front row seats for whatever comes next.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go drink some of Heather's home-made Irish Cream! I might even play her guitar too. Ya hear that, Paul? :santa:

~Hans

What's the over/under on Hans' next post? I'd say 2 days :p

Seriously though, have a nice break. We'll try not to crash and burn the place while you are gone.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;37003 said:
It inspires me to try to be a better man

Hanso, as the late, great Yoda once said: "do or do not...there is no try"
Enjoy your break, man!

You too my brother from another mother!
And to all of you, my true friends, have a wonderful Christmas/Holiday/Festivus. You have all been my support over the past year. Long before I came public with my marital issues you were my refuge. You became my friends. Be with the ones you love. I hope the coming year will the best ever for us all.

Enjoy the family time, man. Regardless of who(m) and where it is, invest the time. The dividends are immense.

This place will still be rockin' when you get back. :cool:

Back