Callaham Replacement Bridge

I agree that playability and playing satisfaction are both individual and very important. If you are happy with the changes, that's a good thing!

But I do find the blanket claims made on the website in question laughable.

Hey! My first post here. I have this stoptail on order. Guess I`ll have it over the weekend. I will try it first on my PS Violin Special.
Got curious, have to find out if`s BS or not.

Hey! My first post here. I have this stoptail on order. Guess I`ll have it over the weekend. I will try it first on my PS Violin Special.

Yeah buddy! Welcome! Tell us all about it.

Hi, Welcome!

Great, do a youtube video, even on your phone? Before and after, same settings please.... :wink:

I see KTS makes a titanium PRS bridge.I really like the KTS saddles in my Fender american partocaster.Would be very interesting to try their PR-17 saddles.

Last edited:
Very fast delivery when I ordered from Callaham .He was great doing business with.Was very patient with all my questions.Sorry to hear you have problems Joern.

Last edited:
I want one of these

3582ccz.jpg

on my S2 Mira SH

I have this on my " Krazy Wood" guitar...Gives a monstrous tone...

Callaham Strat and Tele bridges are fantastic. They are noticeably better made. One of my Teles got a tonal upgrade when I swapped. And my son and I each have Strats with Callaham bridges.

I know the material matters. I had an early R9 that did not have the correct alumninum tale piece and when I swapped it there was an immediately obvious change in tone and dynamics. You can argue which is better of course.
I suspect this Callaham bridge is going to be a nice mod for some folks. I think I may snag one to try on my PTC SAS - I'm thinking that the sort of thing I want out of that tonally could benefit from this bridge.

Recently I purchased a Callaham vintage narrow tremolo for one of my partocaster.Awful sounding.Way too bright and thin.Changing mounting screws,saddles and springs to original Fender brought back the tone.Block with delrin bushing and plate is great.Next experiment will be to only try Callaham top plate on an original Fender trem.

Man Joern we are all waiting to hear your findings. Please fill us in.

David

My experiment with Callaham topplate for vintage Tremolo and Fender block,saddles and mounting screws is a success.Sounds great and stays in tune better.Stay away from Callaham saddles and mounting screws.

Back