Call Me Ishmael

Well done sir, and I recently watched the 1956 film so I was tuned in to it.
Your string & orchestral instrument patches sound so authentic, makes my Logic Pro tones sound like an old Casio.

Well done sir, and I recently watched the 1956 film so I was tuned in to it.
Your string & orchestral instrument patches sound so authentic, makes my Logic Pro tones sound like an old Casio.

Thanks! I use Logic Pro, too!

But I have some nice orchestral libraries, for inspiration. You probably know more about orchestral writing than I do, but there is method to my madness.

PRS - Photo Real Shefman - Your stuff really elicits images. Who needs a movie, or a book, just listen to Ishmael! He will guide your visions!! Mo by Shefman!

Aw man, you're way too kind! Thanks.

You probably know more about orchestral writing than I do,

WTF?!!

I'm an old Jazz head that plays by ear .......... I can probably fake it, but really man this is about all I do.

R5tQHTx.gif

You don’t have to know the names to be able to play them.
I hear them in your work. I don’t pay much attention to the names, just the feel.

Yes! The names don't matter much. You don't need to know the note name, or the mode, to sing a melody. I screw around on a piano until a combination of notes sounds good, and simply run with it.

Writing orchestral music isn't difficult, unless you want to get seriously into traditional orchestration. Then it's another can of fish. Or worms. I mean, I dunno what people are into, so either one works! ;)

What's being heard in my posts is, I hope, a person learning orchestration the hard way - by doing it! :)

Yes! The names don't matter much. You don't need to know the note name, or the mode, to sing a melody. I screw around on a piano until a combination of notes sounds good, and simply run with it.

Writing orchestral music isn't difficult, unless you want to get seriously into traditional orchestration. Then it's another can of fish. Or worms. I mean, I dunno what people are into, so either one works! ;)

What's being heard in my posts is, I hope, a person learning orchestration the hard way - by doing it! :)
Baptism by notes!

Back