Call Me Crazy but Tell Me What You think

I'd do it if you love the guitar. Before PTC existed, I bought a black McStd for the sole purpose of painting it a custom white color by paintguy(Larry). Mainly because I had a hard time finding this model in any white color. I think yours would look great with a natty back...the only risk you run is if the wood isn't looking hot and sexy under that paint. Paint is much easier to refin than a dye. There's a sealer(clear) below the paint if I remember correctly. I'd guess PTC would have no problem.

This is the closest one I found similar to your idea.

naturalbackblack.jpg

I have a red sig. lim. like yours and i say DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE !!! Go private stock,if you want to mess around with colors,etc.

This is the closest one I found similar to your idea.

naturalbackblack.jpg

I have a red sig. lim. like yours and i say DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE !!! Go private stock,if you want to mess around with colors,etc.

Well this where I consider myself very fortunate in the fact that I have a red and the charcoal burst so I plan to leave the red one alone. I am just waiting to hear back from Shawn as far as what something like this might cost.:dontknow:

I'm on the road right now so I only had a few minutes but how's this quick render work for you? ;)

2ibkbd4.jpg

Back