California Prop 65 WARNING ON MY NEW S2 Custom 24!!!!

“Why are you wearing rubber gloves and a surgical mask?”

“I’m about to play my guitar, so I’m ‘kingsnaking it’ because it came with a prop 65 sticker on the box.”

“And the earplugs?”

“The amp came with a hearing damage warning.”

“I see. Why the sunglasses?”

“What’s it to ya if I want to look like a rock star?”

To the OP:

You can see why this forum is famous for the nonsensical, random answers when folks make unusual statements or ask seemingly silly questions. FTR, in school, how well did you do asking questions? Not being critical here, just curious regards the reason why kingsnake believes that his guitar is carcinogenic and poses a health hazard to him?

Also, FTR, the label is placed on the carton to indicate the guitar contains substances that could be considered carcinogenic if ingested, not handled. KS was not planning on doing a Jimi tongue-pick on his guitar, I don't think, so not too much worry there.

You see what I'm saying. The reason the OP has been the recipient of merciless humor is because, well, it never gets old when a new guy says something that becomes fodder for debate or haranguing.

One reason Les said KS would become a legend was KS put his foot in it, hence the resultant hope that his rookie mistake would soon teach him wiser ways, even though the veteran guitarists are having some fun at his expense, until KS rethinks his original statement and learns what the Prop 65 label was really about.

Best wishes to KS, I hope the veterans on this forum will allow some rookie mistakes but rather educate the new folks. No one is perfect, so let's not judge KS too harshly.

I think this also serves to preserve the peace within the forum, although a little fodder often goes a long way...

To the OP:

You can see why this forum is famous for the nonsensical, random answers when folks make unusual statements or ask seemingly silly questions. FTR, in school, how well did you do asking questions? Not being critical here, just curious regards the reason why kingsnake believes that his guitar is carcinogenic and poses a health hazard to him?

Also, FTR, the label is placed on the carton to indicate the guitar contains substances that could be considered carcinogenic if ingested, not handled. KS was not planning on doing a Jimi tongue-pick on his guitar, I don't think, so not too much worry there.

You see what I'm saying. The reason the OP has been the recipient of merciless humor is because, well, it never gets old when a new guy says something that becomes fodder for debate or haranguing.

One reason Les said KS would become a legend was KS put his foot in it, hence the resultant hope that his rookie mistake would soon teach him wiser ways, even though the veteran guitarists are having some fun at his expense, until KS rethinks his original statement and learns what the Prop 65 label was really about.

Best wishes to KS, I hope the veterans on this forum will allow some rookie mistakes but rather educate the new folks. No one is perfect, so let's not judge KS too harshly.

I think this also serves to preserve the peace within the forum, although a little fodder often goes a long way...

It’s been since July, 2017, since KS posted this thread, and returned his guitar because it had a prop 65 sticker on the carton.

He’ll never be back. We had nothing to do with him deciding to ignore what everyone said and doing that.

Nice sentiments, though.

Last edited:
even the wood is considered by the state of California to cause cancer... says so on every piece of it I buy at Home Depot and I live in Atlanta...

Even better I like the graphic stickers that caution you not to dispose of your guitar in the trash.

Same warning on the case of my new Santana retro. Just like you’re not supposed to eat lead paint chips...... I wouldn’t recommend licking the guitar case or eating finish chips off the guitar.

Kind of funny a few years ago at my job for Christmas time handed out soft lunch cooler bags that had the same warning on the tag LOL

Last edited:
Back