CAB finish question

P90s

I know that with a traditional nitro finish, you have to be careful about exposing the finish to certain types of rubber, and to leather. This isn't the case with the PRS poly finishes. Does anyone know if the new CAB finish requires special care, like, taking off the strap before putting the guitar in its case at night?

I haven’t had any adverse finish reactions with my PS. I don’t leave my strap on though and generally keep my guitar in a mono gig bag. I do hang it on a string swing hanger from time to time but don’t leave it hanging out since it goes back & forth to rehearsal a few times a week.

I LOVE the nitro finishes on my PS models. I think nitro gives a guitar a certain sound; call it more vintage, if you will. In fact, I placed an order for a 2020 McCarty for the sole purpose of getting a Core model with the CAB finish.

And I love the glow of nitro; it just does something I enjoy looking at and listening to.

But I would have to be nuts to risk leaving certain leather products (usually a chemical involved in the leather finishing that causes issues), or rubber products, screwing up the finish on one of my guitars. Especially since it’s so darn EASY to avoid problems!

Let’s face it: How difficult is it to take the leather strap off a guitar, or not put it on surgical rubber tubing? (Answer: It AIN”T difficult!!!).

I once felt differently about nitro, back in Gibson days. No more. I’d never choose a poly finish over nitro, at least over PRS’ nitro.

Back