Bye-Bye Photobucket

I really have no clue. I know peeps have had some issues with G too. I think Ima be a Lemming and follow all you guys off the cliff. What's the consensus?

As a longtime user of Flickr and Imgur, I generally prefer Imgur for posts destined for photo sharing. In the long run I've found it to be the fastest option and largely hassle free.

Flickr's lack of an easily accessed upload URL can be an irritant for those just wanting as few pushes or clicks as possible for sharing (though as mentioned above, the built-in BBCode at least tries to bridge the distance). If you're wanting to build a static gallery or use it as a general repository for photography, I actually appreciate the extra Flickr gymnastics as they (mostly) prevent bots and uninitiated surfers from just trying to steal your content. Between that and the privacy settings, I really feel like it gives you more direct control over your imagery.

I've found both options to be very reliable, in the end it just depends on individual needs and whether you spend more time posting from mobile or PC.

Last edited:
Hmmm.. Interesting. I think I need to do some research before deciding which photo hosting site is for me. I'll type in BBC/photos and see what pops up.

Testing testing...

di-CZBJ.jpg

This is the hosting site
https://wmpics.pics/

Last edited:
I have used Flickr for over 10 years now. They have a nice site and very nice app. Shame they are owned by yahoo but what can you do.

Last edited:
Feeling annoyed today. I've used Flickr for a long time but not being able to post pics on the forum via their app drove me back to using photobucket for that purpose alone. I have ordered a couple gift type items from the photobucket store since they do have good sales on canvases and whatnot. I really don't want to sign up for another photo sharing site. Guess maybe I just won't post pics via mobile anymore.

I have used Flickr for over 10 years now. They have a nice site and very nice app. Shame they are owned by yahoo but what can you do.
I agree. I like Flickr a lot for general photography stuff. The site is nice and the app is nice other than not providing a way grab bbcode links. And the yahoo thing...I remember wanting to using them for some band stuff but we only use gmail there so I was outta luck there.

I forgot to mention a handy tidbit about Imgur in my earlier post: they automatically remove metadata from your photo uploads. That way you don't have to worry about scrubbing embedded geotags and whatnot for safety/security reasons.

Flickr, however, preserves metadata in its uploads. Something to keep in mind concerning anonymity/privacy.

All you picture geeks should pool your resources and start your own photo website❗️Everyone together would most likely be a lower cost than what you have been spending.(and you would control the site,EH❗️)

Well...Photobucket finally got around to disabling third party hosting on my account. I guess it is now time to look for an alternative.

I've been using Imgur for a while and I'd recommend it. This whole thing with photobucket has ruined a few threads. The family photos thread and the show your pedalboard thread are just destroyed... you can enter the site and follow the photos back to the user page but Photobucket is absolutely stupid with Ads. Ads popping up everywhere to the point of having to leave the page.

Seems like photobucket is finished boys. They made a huge mistake.

I've been using Imgur for a while and I'd recommend it. This whole thing with photobucket has ruined a few threads. The family photos thread and the show your pedalboard thread are just destroyed... you can enter the site and follow the photos back to the user page but Photobucket is absolutely stupid with Ads. Ads popping up everywhere to the point of having to leave the page.

Seems like photobucket is finished boys. They made a huge mistake.

Glad to hear you like Imgur. That's where I ended up yesterday.

Back