Buzzing nut slot

H2-DGT

Guys
I have a 2005 H2 that has a buzzing D string. Inspection shows that the string is sitting proportionally lower in the nut than its neighbors. Any ideas on what I use should to fill that synthetic nut with?
Thanks!

Probably some thing that you can sand some like-colored material to match the nut. I've done it using an ivory nut I made on another guitar. I had not located the cuts precisely enough. I sanded some ivory dust from another piece, filled the cut and put some super glue. It hardened into the gap and I filed another cut right beside it. Actually did it several times even on the outside E strings till I got it right. Match the color as best as you can and no one will be the wiser.

If you want to try it before you do something non-reversible, but cut a small piece of the same gauge string a little longer than the width of the nut. Just place it under the string you are winding on the post. It will lift the string the amount of the gauge you are using. Then see how it plays. I have a LP I'm doing that with right now. It works but is only a temporary solution.

Back