Buying NOS

fgeorge097

Dealer has a killer NOS PRS at a great price.

My concern is that it is from 2008.

What precautions are there to buying NOS? How can I tell if the quality is there buying a ten-year old guitar online?

if the price is right, and you like the guitar, it would be foolish to get hung up in the NOS worry.

2008 was a watershed year for PRS. It's bound to be a good guitar. If it's got 57/08 pickups in it, it's probably a great guitar.

I got a 2008 NOS the day after Experience 2016. Was perfect. I wouldn't have a single worry.

My only advice is: being an online store, ask for recent photos. If this has been kept under the light for a long time, the color might have faded and the photos might have been taken years ago.
Not necessarily a bad thing, but you don't want to have surprises when you open the box.

Enjoy!

It depends -- Sweetwater, Dave's, Brian's, Moore, Island, I wouldn't have a problem. Big box stores like Guitar Center or Musician's Friend , you might need to change the strings right away.

But duude? What are you worried about ? It'll be under warranty !

Wouldn't hesitate at all if it were something I was looking for. I say, go for it!

I have my eye on a sweet semihollow singlecut limited run, from 2007 I think, but can't justify it at the moment. I would not hesitate if I was in a different situation

Back