Buying an S2 but which one?

Mec78

Buying an S2 Vela in Satin but can't decide between the SH and the solid body. I play blues rock mostly.

Last edited:
I’ve got the standard satin one and love it. bought it before the SH existed but if I didn’t have mine I’d get the SH. ENded up getting a CE24 SH to fill the SH void

Took the plunge on the Satin Semi Hollow in Antique White (hasn’t arrived yet). Usually I’m more of a strat type player and was debating waiting for a DC3 or 305 to call to me but the Vela won out (I have a SE EG and a Partscaster so the Vela adds more diversity to the heard). So many guitars, so little time. Thanks for the response(s)

So the story continues, I was told by the vendor I made the purchase from this evening that it is on backorder and PRS is estimating April 2021 as the delivery date. Wow. Now I remember why I usually buy used.

Buying new supports the people who actually build the guitars. It’s important to show them some love.
I know but next April for a Backorder (not a Preorder) seems like a supply line or two got cut during the pandemic. I was talking to a guy at the local GC and he said basically they are having trouble getting in new stock. It may be a sellers market for used gear.

Ya I never 'order' and wait. So many dealers around the country and with the internet it has really changed the game. Also those dealers with unsold stock are more likely to make a deal to push the wood...

Back