Bulldog Stands - Unboxing and Assembly

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I have not heard of these stands before.
Been following this guy's reviews for awhile now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished watching the one above, I like the floor ones, but you need a lot of room with them.
I was not sure at first about the neck holder just going into the wood part with no bolt or screw, but the angle must keep it in.
Even he was wondering that.

He also just uploaded a second video with lots more stands.

Triad-Orbit - The freakin' best thing since sliced Cheese

I've been using the Triad-Orbit stands since they came out! And yes, in the studio they really are the best thing since sliced cheese!!! (Well, except that I am no longer allowed to eat cheese.)

In addition to the tripod stands, I put an adapter on my large Latch Lake stand so I can use the Triad-Orbit systems with that stand. They're the highest quality hardware and small stands I've ever used, and are as solid as the large and far more expensive Latch Lake. The arms never droop, and you can position the mic in any way and it stays in place. I also have the small goosenecks for it, and the attachment gizmos for every one of my mic holders and shock mounts.

The bases and hardware are also very heavy and well made. Other small mic stands are complete junk in comparison. The prices are also reasonable for the quality you get.

What he really isn't showing is how the stands themselves can spread the feet wider or more narrow, and tilt all by themselves without the boom, simply using a foot latch. It's very useful even when miking amps, etc.

Even the Austrian K&M stands are cheap junk next to the T-Os, and the Atlas stands, though heavy, were junk to begin with. I never had one that didn't droop and wear out quickly.

Thanks for this video, incidentally, I'm going to get one of those Bulldog guitar stands for use in my studio, as I don't have a guitar stand I really like!

I really ought to do a video of some of my mic hardware...if you want real machining perfection, you oughta see the very superb Grace Design Space Bar, with it's finely made hardware and machined measuring gradations...but that's a story for another day...

Last edited:
You are welcome Les.
I did like that Bulldog wooden floor stand, but I have a few nice ones now at home which are Hercules, same brand as my eight wall mount ones.
But that wood one looked really nice in his home upstairs, and in his studio.
He has a very nice place.
I also like his added injection of humor into his videos, makes it less dry.
Different humor than Chappers and the Captain.
Plus he plays PRS :D

I told him a few weeks back I am still waiting on his review of the Mesa Mark Five 25 which he did an unboxing video around three weeks or so back.

I like that I could leave the Bulldog stand out in my studio without anything hanging on it, and it'd still look good. I keep my guitars cased when not in use, but during sessions I'll use a stand obviously. So that'd be a darn nice piece in the studio!

Expensive, but looks it. So there's that.

He has more info on Triad-Orbit stuff less in another new video, plus some gig bags.
He has been very busy as of late cranking out the videos.

A look at ACCESS Semi-Hollow Bags - Also more Triad-Orbit Awesomeness

Back