Build your $3,000 dream rig

OMG!!!!!!!!! 22 year old DTR.... is that YOU???? (Fixed your typo! ;))
That’s pretty much 17 year old Boogie (except the girls were in there too). That’s me on the left and 100% of my earnings and life savings up to that day in that one picture. Spent many many hours on the track since then, too. The cars have changed as well.

engineinstall.jpg

That’s pretty much 17 year old Boogie (except the girls were in there too). That’s me on the left and 100% of my earnings and life savings up to that day in that one picture. Spent many many hours on the track since then, too. The cars have changed as well.

engineinstall.jpg

All this talk of no girls and your friend in a crop top EW&F shirt has me questioning my sexuality.

All this talk of no girls and your friend in a crop top EW&F shirt has me questioning my sexuality.
First, you knew what the EW&F logo was...damning enough. And by damning I mean, you knew what girls wanted to hear late in the evening at parties when the romantic music kicked in. ;) Despite playing in rock cover bands, knowing the moves at the under 18 discos guaranteed more girls than the rock gig. Thus ends the “Smooth Mooves by Boogie” Class.

First, you knew what the EW&F logo was...damning enough. And by damning I mean, you knew what girls wanted to hear late in the evening at parties when the romantic music kicked in. ;) Despite playing in rock cover bands, knowing the moves at the under 18 discos guaranteed more girls than the rock gig..

I cut my teeth in the hardcore punk rock scene until I was twenty or so... then, yes, I was “damned” into the world of fun and women. :D

You Fers are O L D
When I was 16, and before I got my drivers license, I had two cars. A 69 Firebird Convertible (Orange, white top, white interior, 350 automatic) and a 69 GTO Convertible (Ram Air IV, one of 13 IV's in convertibles) black, black top, black interior.

(One advantage of being old. One of few... :rolleyes::D)

When I was 16, and before I got my drivers license, I had two cars. A 69 Firebird Convertible (Orange, white top, white interior, 350 automatic) and a 69 GTO Convertible (Ram Air IV, one of 13 IV's in convertibles) black, black top, black interior.

(One advantage of being old. One of few... :rolleyes::D)

Dude, '74 Vega with white vinyl seats was boss in '84

engineinstall.jpg

Rockin' dem Daisy Dukes!

DTR
Who's the hot blonde in your profile picture? 10/10 would smash. Repeatedly. I know the other dude has Rachel McAdams. 10/10 would bone.

Archon isn't very high on my list. I want a triple Rectifier, Uberschall, Shiva, Herbert, 1959SLP, JTM45, JCM800 2203ZW, Tremonti 100 when it comes out, Wylde Audio 100, Marshall TSL100, then the Archon

Dude, the Archon should be on you list above all of the those.

Details, bro. Details. It's tiny on my phone but, I want to say SBC going into a G-body???
Pretty close! I raced mod-stock so I could have done the smart thing and gone with a 4-bolt main small block Chevy, but no. This purist went with the weaker (and harder and more expensive to find parts) Olds 350. Bored .030 over (about 355 total), balanced/blue printed, big cam, Holley intake and 4150, and lower compression (about 10:1) for when the blower was to come around. For a lead sled Olds Cutlass Salon, it was pretty fun, but never could get it into the low 10s ET. Man, those were fun days!

When I was 16, and before I got my drivers license, I had two cars. A 69 Firebird Convertible (Orange, white top, white interior, 350 automatic) and a 69 GTO Convertible
My buddy in that pic had a 67 Firebird convertible w/ a 326 and Powerglide tranny. Not a lot of go but the chicks dug it! A 69 GTO is flippin’ bad A$$!
Rockin' dem Daisy Dukes!
I gasp at how short those shorts were back then.

First, you knew what the EW&F logo was...damning enough. And by damning I mean, you knew what girls wanted to hear late in the evening at parties when the romantic music kicked in. ;) Despite playing in rock cover bands, knowing the moves at the under 18 discos guaranteed more girls than the rock gig. Thus ends the “Smooth Mooves by Boogie” Class.

No questions here. Although I'd say the young man with the crop top shirt likely changes his clothes before he sits down to dinner. Call it a hunch.

Dude, '74 Vega with white vinyl seats was boss in '84
84? By then I was out of college, in the car biz, and driving an Anniversary Edition White Trans Am as a demo.
One of my buddies a few years younger than me had a Vega with a built 350 in it. That was a cool Vega!

Dude, the Archon should be on you list above all of the those.

Quoted a post that must have been deleted. Tremoninator, That’s my wife. The other advantage of being old.

Ok, she’s not my wife. That is a great list of amps. Which one of those can you buy for $850 used? I’d love to try an Uber and a couple others on that list, but the Archon plays second fiddle to no amp.

Pretty close! I raced mod-stock so I could have done the smart thing and gone with a 4-bolt main small block Chevy, but no. This purist went with the weaker (and harder and more expensive to find parts) Olds 350. Bored .030 over (about 355 total), balanced/blue printed, big cam, Holley intake and 4150, and lower compression (about 10:1) for when the blower was to come around. For a lead sled Olds Cutlass Salon, it was pretty fun, but never could get it into the low 10s ET. Man, those were fun days!

My buddy in that pic had a 67 Firebird convertible w/ a 326 and Powerglide tranny. Not a lot of go but the chicks dug it! A 69 GTO is flippin’ bad A$$!

I gasp at how short those shorts were back then.

My GTO was a Ram Air IV. They only made 500 of those engines in 69 and only 13 went into GTO convertibles.. Under rated at 335hp. Estimated by many to have at least 450. One mag tested rear wheel HP at 410. Came from the factory with an 850 double pumper and a dual plane high rise aluminum intake. Mine had a slightly bigger cam, which according to the mechanic should give it about 30 more hp than stock.. It had “break your neck” torque. When my dad test drove it I was in the front seat, 3 mechanics in the back. While crusing along at 35mph he floored it, it kicked back into first gear and it smoked the tires. From 35 MPH it left two black streaks over 100 feet long. One time I pulled out to pass a slow poke going 45 and I waited til I was all the way over in the passing lane then hammered it. From 45mph it kicked into passing gear and left two black marks at least 30 feet long.
Last I checked, that car was in the mid $250K range at current auctions...

My daughter used to tease me about how short all the shorts were in all my basketball pics. I told her things were completely reversed by the time she was in college. We wore short shorts and socks up to our knees. When she was in college they wore shorts down past their knees and socks that didn’t even come up out of their shoes. And of course, I told her that, when you have legs like I do, of course the women wanted to see them, thus the short shorts. Of course, she gave me a :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My GTO was a Ram Air IV. They only made 500 of those engines in 69 and only 13 went into GTO convertibles.. Under rated at 335hp. Estimated by many to have at least 450. One mag tested rear wheel HP at 410. Came from the factory with an 850 double pumper and a dual plane high rise aluminum intake. Mine had a slightly bigger cam, which according to the mechanic should give it about 30 more hp than stock.. It had “break your neck” torque. When my dad test drove it I was in the front seat, 3 mechanics in the back. While crusing along at 35mph he floored it, it kicked back into first gear and it smoked the tires. From 35 MPH it left two black streaks over 100 feet long. One time I pulled out to pass a slow pick going 45 and I waited til I was all the way over in the passing lane then hammered it. From 45mph it kicked into passing gear and left two black marks at least 30 feet long.
Last I checked, that car was in the mid $250K range at current auctions...

My daughter used to tease me about how short all the shorts were in all my basketball pics. I told her things were completely reversed by the time she was in college. We wore short shorts and socks up to our knees. When she was in college they won’t shorts down past their knees and socks that didn’t even come up out of their shoes. And of course, I told her that, when you have legs like I do, of course the women wanted to see them, thus the short shorts. Of course, she gave me a :rolleyes:

Deja quietly went back to munching on her table leg, and Val...oops, wrong thread...

The Vega is probably the worst car GM ever did.

I have lost respect for you

Well, a Chevy 350 has a 4.00 bore X 3.48 stroke so, if you bore it 30 over then

(πR^2)*stoke*#cylinders=355

How much boost?

Dude, when you're sixteen and you get handed down the family car, you don't care what it is. My old man had bad taste in cars. '56 Nash. '67 Impala...rad. '74 Vega....'83 Citation. He passed away in '85, just after I graduated from high school. He was 64, and a WWII vet of North Africa and Italy.

Dude, when you're sixteen and you get handed down the family car, you don't care what it is. My old man had bad taste in cars. '56 Nash. '67 Impala...rad. '74 Vega....'83 Citation. He passed away in '85, just after I graduated from high school. He was 64, and a WWII vet of North Africa and Italy.
I can hardly tease you about the Citation when your dad was a WWII vet! You're a WWII vet, you can drive a Citation AND still be awesome!

I wanna F your wife! :'-D

She's an actress or something right

Archon isn't my favorite sound. I really really like the sound of the Uberschall myself.

So, I'm assuming that IF you went to the school of couth, you didn't graduate... at least not suma come lately. :p:p

Anyway, yes, that is THE Julie Bowen we sometimes joke about. She's what you might call... perfect.

The Uber is great! At least the gain channel. Killer! But the Archon has knobs and they REALLY work unlike a lot of amps. It is a very thick amp. If that's not your thing, the mids knob is very powerful. So many people want a more scooped tone... it can do that, just turn the mids down. Also, I can change the character of the amp very simply by changing speaker cabs. With the right cabs and speakers, there's not much it can't do. And do at an elite level.

Back