Bucket List Item (Nürburgring)

That is one of my dream tracks, but I have no idea how to get the Mustang over there to do it. I've driven Watkins Glen (Full Track) a few times, it is a ton of fun when you can open up and go wide open throttle. They do 3 paced laps for $25 on opening weekend, and whenever there is no race or practice scheduled for the pros.

That is one of my dream tracks, but I have no idea how to get the Mustang over there to do it. I've driven Watkins Glen (Full Track) a few times, it is a ton of fun when you can open up and go wide open throttle. They do 3 paced laps for $25 on opening weekend, and whenever there is no race or practice scheduled for the pros.
I really like Watkins Glen, and it is the most convenient quality course to me. I’ve been a few times. Barber is my favourite though.

I’ve toyed with a European car delivery and trying to fit this track in.

I really like Watkins Glen, and it is the most convenient quality course to me. I’ve been a few times. Barber is my favourite though.

I’ve toyed with a European car delivery and trying to fit this track in.
I'm only an hour and a half from WGI, I could go any given weekend, as long as weather is good. The only problem with group paced laps, is you are at the mercy of the car in front if you. If the pacer is doing 80 and the nitwit infront of you is doing 45, well, you're doing 45. There is no passing.

Oh yeah! Numero uno on my bucket list is to travel to Germany and drive a 911 Turbo around the ring. Then I could die a happy man.

Oh yeah! Numero uno on my bucket list is to travel to Germany and drive a 911 Turbo around the ring. Then I could die a happy man.
It doesn’t seem as exciting, but I have the hots for an RS6 Avant. European pickup, drive over to visit Han’s village, a few laps of the ring, a couple pints and maybe see if I can get an official copy of my birth certificate (army brat).

It doesn’t seem as exciting, but I have the hots for an RS6 Avant. European pickup, drive over to visit Han’s village, a few laps of the ring, a couple pints and maybe see if I can get an official copy of my birth certificate (army brat).

My version of that trip: Fly over, have a couple pints, do a couple laps of the ring in a new Sting Ray, a couple more pints, go to Han's pretending to be a door to door vacuum cleaner salesman. After pretending to choke, steal a guitar or two while Hans is getting me a drink of water. Use an "unofficial copy" of my Passport that I got from Sergio, and put the whole trip on Mr. Underhill's American Express Card.

Oh, take Julie Bowen there for the weekend as my "translator." ;)

Back