Brought To You By - Music Store Live!

What's Your Favorite Top Design?

• Flamed Maple Top

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Quilt Top

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Solid Color Top

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Why Must You Make me Choose They're All So Wonderful!

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Music Store Live

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
300 W 28TH ST STE 102 NATIONAL CITY, CA 91950
We at Music Store Live are HUGE PRS enthusiasts, and we have the honor of hand picking woods, tops and finishes every time we visit our friends in the Maryland factory.

All of our Private Stock and Wood Library selections are available online on our website for you view and check out!

We are going to do our best to keep this thread filled with cool and interesting models as soon as we lay our hands on them.

If you don't already, follow us on Facebook and Instagram @MusicStoreLive, we post about our newest additions to the MSL collection.

Let us know what are you favorite PRS Guitar finishes, let's get a discussion going!

... and I can highly recommend them as I got a Semi-hollow 594 Wood Library in blue fade with quilt top and EIR neck from them this past summer.
Ben was the person who assisted me with the sale and sent me all the extra pictures I needed to seal the deal.

I'm looking forward to seeing your future guitars posted here.

Favorite colors so far: northern lights, aqua violet, beach fade, blue fade, laguna dragon's breath or glow.
Top: depends on the color. I'd want a quilt top for blue fade and dragon's breath patterns. For pretty much anything else I usually prefer a curly maple top (wide/uneven curls preferred).

Last edited:
... and I can highly recommend them as I got a Semi-hollow 594 Wood Library in blue fade with quilt top and EIR neck from them this past summer.
Ben was the person who assisted me with the sale and sent me all the extra pictures I needed to seal the deal.

I'm looking forward to seeing your future guitars posted here.

Favorite colors so far: northern lights, aqua violet, beach fade, blue fade, laguna dragon's breath or glow.
Top: depends on the color. I'd want a quilt top for blue fade and dragon's breath patterns. For pretty much anything else I usually prefer a curly maple top (wide/uneven curls preferred).

Thank you! Ben sure knows his stuff ;)
This Forum has a 3 post rule, so when we pass that milestone we can start sharing more images of all the new and exciting 2020 models.

So... We sent some of the crew to NAMM and boy oh boy did we see some incredible guitars!

Did anyone go and saw the amazing PRS models they had on display?

We are expecting a few incredible looking Wood Library and Private Stock guitars. Including the 35th Anniversary DRAGON :cool:

What were some of the NAMM PRS highlights for you?

In 2013 I got a Cu22 in FBJ then I followed it with an AP 513 with IRW neck and ebony fretboard with ME2 birds, also in FBJ.
then I bought a Santana SE for my nephew and ordered a PRS 7 string for a friend, Andy was the guy that I was in contact with mostly
great guys, I highly recommend.
Personally I love flame chevron tops, and currently leaning towards the Desert fade (quilt) and McCarty glow (flame)

In 2013 I got a Cu22 in FBJ then I followed it with an AP 513 with IRW neck and ebony fretboard with ME2 birds, also in FBJ.
then I bought a Santana SE for my nephew and ordered a PRS 7 string for a friend, Andy was the guy that I was in contact with mostly
great guys, I highly recommend.
Personally I love flame chevron tops, and currently leaning towards the Desert fade (quilt) and McCarty glow (flame)

Hey c’mon G! You can’t start with in 2013 I got....!

Would love to see some pics of the AP 513, her neck, her back, her tuners and her.....ahem normal service will be resumed shortly.

And now a word from our sponsors.

My bad here you go
my 513 the day it arrived
3cGstrT.jpg

the back
ToNsRJ7.jpg

Before
FFtmSj8.jpg

After 5 years (faded) with ebony tuner buttons,clear black lampshades and IRW back plates (not showing here)
gUqSSvU.jpg

Now it resides in the case until played so it won't fade more.

My bad here you go
3cGstrT.jpg

the back
ToNsRJ7.jpg

Before
FFtmSj8.jpg

After 5 years (faded) with ebony tuner buttons,clear black lampshades and IRW back plates (not showing here)
gUqSSvU.jpg

Very nice bro!

I have to say that the figuring in the top speaks for itself, so It’s still very beautiful

My bad here you go
3cGstrT.jpg

the back
ToNsRJ7.jpg

Before
FFtmSj8.jpg

gUqSSvU.jpg

Great looking guitar! Love when you post pics of it.

Full hollowbody on a doublecut, semi hollow santana would be smokin' with rosewood neck, quilt top and blue fade. Mercy! Just me sayin!

That would be sweet! We have this Santana in a beautiful 10-Top Aquamarine finish with a Rosewood Fretboard. All the Santana models are a players guitar!

We also just got this breathtaking Wood Library McCarty 594 Semi-Hollow Quilt Top in a Red Fade Finish with Brazilian Rosewood! This right here is one for the books ;)

49456129113_19b4078e1d.jpg

That would be sweet! We have this Santana in a beautiful 10-Top Aquamarine finish with a Rosewood Fretboard. All the Santana models are a players guitar!

We also just got this breathtaking Wood Library McCarty 594 Semi-Hollow Quilt Top in a Red Fade Finish with Brazilian Rosewood! This right here is one for the books ;)

49456129113_19b4078e1d.jpg

Lordy that 594 is amazing

Back