Broken, Broken.... and ..... Broken - S2 594

That is weird, unfortunate and not the norm.
Maybe that dealer is not taking care/storage/handling the merchandise correctly.

I would return it and purchase elsewhere.

If you like that particular S2 594 you can contact PRS and see what they can do. But this might take longer than returning and getting a new.
yeah - I am not happy with the dealer - had to argue to get a replacement with the first issue"we don't operate like that" was their position and that they "will contact PRS" for me - eventually I convinced them that my contract was with them - they sold me something not fit for purpose and they needed to replace it. I don't need that kind of nonsense in my life as I can usually provide my own. Over the years I've bought a lot of kit from them - they have lost a customer.

The tone/push pull pot on my S2 Vela was a bit scratchy from day one. It's gotten to the point now where it needs to be replaced. It's very scratchy and there's no change in tone from 10 to 5 but it works from 5 to 0.
Have you tried contact cleaner? Obviously it shouldn't have been needed on a brand new instrument, but I've had the stuff work wonders on older pots that are scratchy, cut out, etc. Much simpler/cheaper than replacing

Have you tried contact cleaner? Obviously it shouldn't have been needed on a brand new instrument, but I've had the stuff work wonders on older pots that are scratchy, cut out, etc. Much simpler/cheaper than replacing
I did but the effect was temporary. But it did wonders on the toggle switch. Of all the guitars I've owned with a 3 way toggle switch, the one on my Vela was by far the stiffest one ever. A couple of shots and it loosened right up.

The tone/push pull pot on my S2 Vela was a bit scratchy from day one. It's gotten to the point now where it needs to be replaced. It's very scratchy and there's no change in tone from 10 to 5 but it works from 5 to 0.

Speaking of replacement pots, what are the best pots and where to order them from? I want to replace the current pots with the concentric, stacked type pots so each pickup will have its own volume and tone control. This will eliminate the push/pull but I never use it anyway.
CTS makes dual concentric pots 500k log taper. They come with a fitting dual dome speed knob. I would check the dimensions first to make sure it fits.

Back