Bringing the New Guitar Home

I try sneaking them in but nothing gets past the boss. She doesn’t mind as long as it doesn’t take away from walks and play time.

38401-B91-DEF0-4-E30-9286-240-EE9349-AE5.jpg

Haha that's fantastic! I love it

OK. Now I’m totally confused (which isn’t difficult to achieve :oops: ). So, the OP of this thread, The Guitar Hunter, copied your other thread, started this new one, but made no reply/comment. Am I missing something? I’m not implying any malfeasance, I’m just confused. :confused::confused:

We all have our moments. My moment is minding my P&Qs. ;)

My apologies if I have insulted you. This area of the Matrix has been glitchy lately, so it iis sometimes hard to discern the real from the contrived.

Something weird going on here. I quoted Random Picker earlier today and he had like 3 lines in his whole post. When I inserted the quote and went to my my usual smarta$$ reply, it was this whole big story added to the end of his quote, that wasn't there when I quoted it. I'm like, where the heck did all that come from. I'm making a joke here. Jokes are all about timing. I can't have a 3 paragraph story after the part I'm making a joke out of or it will throw my timing off!

You know what they say. Timing is everything!

Something weird going on here. I quoted Random Picker earlier today and he had like 3 lines in his whole post. When I inserted the quote and went to my my usual smarta$$ reply, it was this whole big story added to the end of his quote, that wasn't there when I quoted it. I'm like, where the heck did all that come from. I'm making a joke here. Jokes are all about timing. I can't have a 3 paragraph story after the part I'm making a joke out of or it will throw my timing off!

You know what they say. Timing is everything!

And to think the clerk in the next line behind at the grocery store said I had an attitude. The noive! When I heard that while waiting patiently in line, I thought to myself, "Here's a kid trying to score with a girl in his line." Proved the kid wrong though. Smiled at my clerk, greeted him by name, said I didn't need a bag, I already had one and "could you put the groceries in that bag," paid for my stuff, folded my receipt, and walked out...the front door.

Note to self: Bust the clerk next time for assuming things. I'm hoping he'll slow down...

RandomPicker....I think that might work occasionally...

Last edited:
Long story....about 6 years ago I showed the Mrs the infamous video from Markie's basement. She was all, "no way you're putting guitars in the basement." Fast forward a year; I am sitting in one of the 2 spare bedrooms, the one that is "mine". All of my books and guitars are in there (at the time). I'm looking around the room and she walks in and asks what I'm looking at. I told her I had a guitar coming and wasn't sure where I was going to hang it. All of the spots that would work were already taken, either by a guitar, a bookshelf, etc. She looks around and utters, "why don't you hang it in the basement. You work down there everyday, maybe a guitar would be good for a break." I'm floored! She caved! As I look around the basement now, there are 18 guitar hangers on the walls. Only 10 of them are in use. The others were part of the Great Purge of 2019.

Even with her blessing of "guitars in the basement", I still asked for FedEx shipping because I knew it would get here at lunch time, when she was at work. If FedEx wasn't an option, I used UPS Next Day so it would be here before she got home from work (I'm at the end of the UPS route for ground delivery). It wasn't so much that I'd get side-eye for another guitar, I just didn't want to have the conversation.

Now that she's been retired almost two years, I always let her know when I have one coming. She never asks a question, or makes a snide remark. When it shows up, she wants to see it, and asks "what makes this one special?"

Guess I got lucky!

Long story....about 6 years ago I showed the Mrs the infamous video from Markie's basement. She was all, "no way you're putting guitars in the basement." Fast forward a year; I am sitting in one of the 2 spare bedrooms, the one that is "mine". All of my books and guitars are in there (at the time). I'm looking around the room and she walks in and asks what I'm looking at. I told her I had a guitar coming and wasn't sure where I was going to hang it. All of the spots that would work were already taken, either by a guitar, a bookshelf, etc. She looks around and utters, "why don't you hang it in the basement. You work down there everyday, maybe a guitar would be good for a break." I'm floored! She caved! As I look around the basement now, there are 18 guitar hangers on the walls. Only 10 of them are in use. The others were part of the Great Purge of 2019.

Even with her blessing of "guitars in the basement", I still asked for FedEx shipping because I knew it would get here at lunch time, when she was at work. If FedEx wasn't an option, I used UPS Next Day so it would be here before she got home from work (I'm at the end of the UPS route for ground delivery). It wasn't so much that I'd get side-eye for another guitar, I just didn't want to have the conversation.

Now that she's been retired almost two years, I always let her know when I have one coming. She never asks a question, or makes a snide remark. When it shows up, she wants to see it, and asks "what makes this one special?"

Guess I got lucky!

Mrs B is the coolest!

Mrs B is the coolest!

Great story, @bodia
I love that you know where you are on the carrier's routes. That rules!

I told my wife about this and she's gonna start asking "what makes this one special?"

Yeah, she is! Frankly, post retirement, I expected eye rolls for a guitar delivery. But, she genuinely wants to know why I “had to have” a particular guitar. Kind nice to be able to tell her why.

Ha ha ha my wife likes to pretend she's mad every time a new to me guitar shows up!

I keep buying them...........

I normally don't involve my wife when I buy guitars. I always have cash from gigging or selling something or whatever. I did ask for her blessing before I bought my 86. Big purchase so I thought it was the right thing to do since I sold my 89 but still needed some cash out of savings.

As long as I keep it pristine I will always get my money back when I sell it. I don't have any plans to sell but when we retire and travel not sure it makes sense to have a guitar like that just laying around.

Back