Bring on the Night - Lexington Lab Band

All I can say is well, well done!!!!! I have always liked this song and have wanted my band to do it for a few years now. None of the band members had heard of the song before I mentioned it, so reception was not overwhelming. The finger picking in this song is fabulous / awesome.

Looking forward to hearing more from your band.

i had never heard this tune either but loved working it up and it was a blast to play! Really appreciate you giving your time to check this out, hope all is good your way, dale.

I had up until say 2.5 years ago always played guitar with a pick. This song inspired me to start playing with fingers and I can now just about "keep up" with the finger picking part. I practice the finger picking to this song for about a minute every day and I slowly get faster. To me this song is at least 3 songs in one song - the classical minor sounding finger picking part*, the reggae part, the bass line which is also classic IMHO, and of course the rock type solo that Andy Summers does

The band's cover was awesome!

*When I first started learning this song & since I could not do the finger-picking, I turned on my chorus pedal and I strummed the chords that you would otherwise finger pick. It actually sounds pretty good and soothing.

perfect description of this tune...i hadn't put that all together but that's exactly why it's so fun to play! Great to hear you enjoy fingerpicking...for me it's a nice 'solo' style too. It's a style you can practice and play a alone that's interesting, challenging and musical all together. Great post, thanks.

Speaking of the Police - I recently put together a backing track loop using a Boss RC 300 for the song Walking On The Moon - I am going to do the Jeff Golub / Brian Auger instrumental version at my next "little" gig. Will use a PRS HB II to do the melody / solo.

What is your next project going to be?

sounds like a cool signal chain and love HB PRSs!

Next project is the Eagles, then Heart.

Back