Bright Lights

László

Too Many Notes
Lights! And a certain symmetry...You're in the band! Pics taken over the weekend.

Granddaughter (the little one to the left of Dewey in this pic), School of Rock, Paramount Theater, Chicagoland:
8jzRpbe.jpg

Son, with The Academy Is, London, UK (in white shirt). Graduate of School of Rock?
CuRKsC1.jpg

Son, Leeds, UK (in baseball cap). You can't bring too many Lone Star amps. Plus it's Live, At Leeds...
FBJqp8c.jpg

Granddaughter, playing 'Summer' in School of Rock Chicagoland, yet again.
iJbZyPr.jpg

"Stalking the family on Instagram again, huh?"

"My wife did the stalking and sent me the pics."

"And here you are, posting them because you never tire of this stuff." ;)

Last edited:
Pretty darn cool!
Thanks on their behalf!

It was fun watching my son grow up. It's also a lot of fun watching my granddaughter knock it out of the park in musical theater. Natch, I 've gone to all of her shows, and as many of my son's as have been reasonably nearby (Chicago is a 5 1/2 hour drive, so reasonably close, though he lives in LA, and has toured everywhere, so there are plenty I've missed out on).

I LOVE that the School of Rock set has the scaffolding, the lights, etc, like the actual venues my son played - only more dramatic! That cracked me up, and was the initial inspiration for the post.

I'm going to see my boy with The Academy Is at Wrigley Field in Chicago in a few weeks.

"But then there was the dad/grandpa brag...right?"

"Guilty as charged."

Last edited:
Praise be to those who are ready to stand at the top of the mountain and scream "I love these people, they are the greatest"!!! And congrats to the son and granddaughter for their continued success!

Amazing family. Link us to your son's Spotify. I would love to listen to his music
I...um...am going to have to google how to do that! :eek:

His own band is Partybaby.

I have links to the Warner Brothers YouTube videos, and some of the stuff he's done on tour with other bands, like 30 Seconds to Mars in the days before he had his own band. He also mixed and produced things for 30 STM while in Partybaby.

He's the singer, Noah is the lead guitar, and they're the band; Noah was previously in Portugal, The Man. They always toured with a drummer and bass player, who are so pro and mellow.

Here's something kinda fun; my wife always told my son to 'be a good boy'.As he grew older it became kind of a family joke, and this song obliquely references it. At shows he'd say, "This one's for my mom." Well, at least when we were there...;)

Jamie appears later in the video in this more recent one, different style and vocal delivery, but he's the only singer. Most of the people in the video are friends doing a lip synch, you don't see him until 35 seconds in. He's playing the SG laying on the floor around the middle of the video, and he's in the tub singing, too. In clothing. Thank goodness. The first baby in the video is my daughter's son!

And here's another rocker:

Last edited:
I...um...am going to have to google how to do that! :eek:

His own band is Partybaby.

I have links to the Warner Brothers YouTube videos, and some of the stuff he's done on tour with other bands, like 30 Seconds to Mars in the days before he had his own band. He also mixed and produced things for 30 STM while in Partybaby.

He's the singer, Noah is the lead guitar, and they're the band; Noah was previously in Portugal, The Man. They always toured with a drummer and bass player, who are so pro and mellow.

Here's something kinda fun; my wife always told my son to 'be a good boy'.As he grew older it became kind of a family joke, and this song obliquely references it. At shows he'd say, "This one's for my mom." Well, at least when we were there...;)

Jamie appears later in the video in this more recent one, different style and vocal delivery, but he's the only singer. Most of the people in the video are friends doing a lip synch, you don't see him until 35 seconds in. He's playing the SG laying on the floor around the middle of the video, and he's in the tub singing, too. In clothing. Thank goodness. The first baby in the video is my daughter's son!

And here's another rocker:

Good stuff! I think I enjoyed "Heaven" the most. Is the line about Dr. Levin in that song a literal reference? I like the doodling video for "Don't Say It" the best!! Thanks for sharing, you deserve to be proud (of his, your granddaughter and your own accomplishments)!!!

Yeah, Heaven is on Spotify; sadly only one song; I REALLY liked Don't Say It. Great music, great people :)
Glad you liked it. I did find the whole Partybaby album Golden Age of Bullsh!t on Spotify. But I don't know how to link it.

There are also bands using the name, which is of course illegal because it's a registered trademark.

Just for grins I looked up the electronica album I did a few years ago under the Persistence of Memory 'band name', titled Journey of Hands. That was an interesting surprise! I didn't expect to see it. Even more surprising it says it's a 'popular release'. :oops:

Back