Bridgefest 2017

andy474x

Knows the Drill
In a surprising turn of events, the 3-way blade switch on my S2 Custom Semi went bad on me today. Like, the pivot/axle pin coming out of the housing, won't select a pickup, just flops around. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trolling here! Yes, it's unfortunate, some S2's have had minor electronics issues and I guess now mine is one of them. And, I know if I contacted customer service, they would hook me up with a new one in a snap.

But then I wouldn't have an excuse to order parts from John Mann! So that's exactly what I did.

Seriously, I have bother customer service at PRS with so much trivial sh*t over the last few years, and every time they have gone above and beyond to help me out, to the point that I feel kinda guilty. So I figured I would give them a rest this round. After all, a new switch doesn't even cost that much.

As soon as I told my wife I had a legit problem that would be cheap to fix, she said, "Uh huh, how much are the 'extras' gonna cost us?" She knows me too well. Got a 2000NOS on the way for my S2 Satin 22, just to see what the hype is all about, and a 2300 adjustable stoptail for the Mira 25th, because I think there's something special to the adjustable stoptails and John's appears to be top of the heap. Even better than the Tonepros on my Akesson that I love dearly (although that piece of hardware is highly polarizing amongst players). Looking forward to the installs!

They were a limited run of a dozen or so trems with slight differences that John and Hans came up with for the West St. LTD. Different saddles, shorter side-walls, and unplated:

They get funky lookin' but man.. they sound and feel great.

He could get at least 3 orders from me!

Back