Bridge Pickup Suggestions For a 2004 CE 24

Shane Cormier

Had the HFS/VB in currently. For me it’s too bright and noisy. Love the VB but want a smooth the bridge out but stay with a med/high output. Duncan Custom (which is very similar) has been suggested. Looking for other options. Play mainly rock/blues.

Maybe a Duncan Custom/Custom or a Custom 5? I have used both in the past and found it easy to achieve a smooth bridge tone.

Custom custom was in there but was thin to me. My favorite Duncan for my Charvels. I’ll explore the. Custom 5 as well. Thanks!

+1 on the 59/09 , It splits well has more push than it should for the output spec
I also like the Mira
and for something outside PRS I really like the Dimarzio Tone Zone in my CU22 a darker high output pickup that I just love !!!

59/09. It doesn't have the output of an HFS, but it has the clarity and it will pair well with the VB.

+1 on the 59/09 , It splits well has more push than it should for the output spec
I also like the Mira
and for something outside PRS I really like the Dimarzio Tone Zone in my CU22 a darker high output pickup that I just love !!!

+ 2 on the 59/09. My favorite bridge pick up

5909 is my favorite bridge pickup bar none.

M pickup is a great choice.
Reissue treble or "T"

If you tune lower then 59 09 may not be so hot but M will

Don't rule out dragon 1. It is a high output pickup but it is nothing like hfs. I have a ce22 with dragon 1s and it it fabulous! !

I have a 97 ce 24 with 5909 bridge 5708 neck. The 5909 sounds good in this guitar but it is different than my Mccarty and cu24 which both have 5909 bridge.

Mccarty and cu24 sound very simular but cu24 is a tad brighter especially with volume rolled down a bit.

The Custom has a capacitor on the volume pot that prevents the loss of high end when the volume is rolled off. The McCarty doesn't have that.

I'll have to open it up and look. I had PTC do push pull on Vol pot so I can split them separately since I had it there for a set up anyway.

That would certainly explain the tone difference.

Back