Brent Mason Model Appreciation

The Viking Gangster

I've had my natural Brent Mason Model since August 2015. The neck is solid as a rock, and the tuning stability and intonation are spot on. The pickup combination is great. This is really a nice guitar.

Can I get an "Amen" from any other Brent Mason owners out there?

Well my "DC3" is essentially a Brent Mason but with an Alder body and an extra 408 instead of the 305, aaaand I'm not religious, but I will say the modern PRS bolt-on/pickkguard format (DC3, NF3, BM) rocks.

Killer ergonomics (body/neck shape, sunken finish on the neck, control positions), stable and extremely well built. Add in those pickups on the BM and you've got a guitar that will hang with best.

I'll second Les. I don't have one either, but played one once that was the wrong color for me, and have wanted one ever since. But, I got the NF3, so that will hold me. Still, a White with maple BM would do me just fine!

AMEN! Viking, you got the one I wanted--natural was my first finish choice; couldn't find one, and I wanted the rosewood fingerboard, so I found a whitewash one instead (it's my avatar pic). Great guitar, and you certainly don't see a lot of them around--but after a couple of decades of "close, but no cigar", they finally came up with something for us Tele players (and then some)! I really hope they sell enough of them to keep them in production, as I'd hate to see the Brent Mason go the way of the DC3 (my other favorite PRSi), but the Brent will do things the DC3 won't do.

Well my "DC3" is essentially a Brent Mason but with an Alder body and an extra 408 instead of the 305, aaaand I'm not religious, but I will say the modern PRS bolt-on/pickkguard format (DC3, NF3, BM) rocks.

Killer ergonomics (body/neck shape, sunken finish on the neck, control positions), stable and extremely well built. Add in those pickups on the BM and you've got a guitar that will hang with best.

You said it better than I did. Nice description of why I think the BM is a great model. I bet your DC3 is awesome.

AMEN! Viking, you got the one I wanted--natural was my first finish choice; couldn't find one, and I wanted the rosewood fingerboard, so I found a whitewash one instead (it's my avatar pic). Great guitar, and you certainly don't see a lot of them around--but after a couple of decades of "close, but no cigar", they finally came up with something for us Tele players (and then some)! I really hope they sell enough of them to keep them in production, as I'd hate to see the Brent Mason go the way of the DC3 (my other favorite PRSi), but the Brent will do things the DC3 won't do.

Yes, I do hope they continue making them.

I want one. I actually want to get a natural with rosewood board and then get an NF3 the same way. Then get a another NF3 that way and get a DC3 and swap the pickups on it. That way I'd have 3 Kornia with rosewood boards with just slightly different flavor.

P0as3b34T2gvTLe2KJfDqo7zeW_orvDRV1ml3rt5wK4VLaYV2qPVxqsPgF8L7XgM5XZSlDya6cNpi67KCNd8mfwZuO2kgb958V6BUzMeeuWYWGzOzxZI6mQZUrGIC3-Tx1-it3N2k_R0wmwdBko6G9CA9nMDI6E87L5ej39D3-gFSISb5J-GvcClQo67_Ml2ok6G1RilbB1RJ7iYuCxvDYW71xrBzrL7NpTIqRvP5de3z1GRam_On6L2vUvBuO-2EcmvcvLSKsK0ziVJ4YQXmyExRfBe9CY7TuR2XwnG_67-2aeAZWOUnKxPTv8AtZtZG2COjPR6cHKpilfUEHX8bDNQx_usELwD5aX083yTZAQnIWUpfyuIfEdQa7jx-ZDt_VkXqFnqDqHRv1PJosg0tw4DhzTMex4NSnh-xDaGLLLVrD0D6mxc6MFO9Xr9vf36PGdRVrTELOr-sNSBnvRn-Ko2U6Z5to4sTZNUYbe7nUqm3btm9LXhT-N-WbUIgesxFZoLXUf9onP-VjyIrbRYrUpwpN_VNyPyVBYnH3rcG_5gBgEEzswOTBrPQucJeZ1APxwq=w848-h1130-no

Picked this one up pre-owned recently. My one guitar for those "F-Type" tones.

I dig it!

I think these are the bees knees. I need to add one to the family one of these days.

The white one in the video is the exact one I'd want. But JEEZ Pete, that is awesome!

I really like the BM model also. I think for me though I need a few changes - which I will do with the NF3 that I bought.

So will have:
1- maple neck
2- 25" scale
3- it will have the same electronics and switching as the BM
4- I will have a 5909 neck, 305 middle and a 5909 bridge.
5- Korina body

What it is missing from the BM is the cool birds on maple, which I dig. The dots on maple are nice but not as cool as the birds.

I feel that this combination stays true to the idea of the BM but with fit more with the style of music I like. The 25.5 scale is a little bit of a stretch for me and the 408 style pups were not hot enough for me. This pup combo and scale will fit better for me.

I am going to call this the Brent Mason XL model!!!!!

What got me interested in PRS initially was the natural BM model. I was ready to buy one, but got curious and started looking at the S2 models, then the Core models, then the wood library models, and then decided to just save for a PS.

I have a one-off Parisian pink Vigier and saw online, the pink BM model, and was rally tempted. My wife was the one who suggested to me, the pomegranate color, after I showed her one from Wild West Guitars.

I always do that. The last time I thought small was when I wanted a telecaster, and wound up spending 5k on a carbon fiber guitar.

Back