BRAZILIAN ROSEWOOD TABLE

REczLFi.jpg

I know this is a old thread, but it seemed like a good continuation. What would you do with this? It's 10 feet long. Solid old growth brw.

Find a carpenter who could safely cut out the door panels, leaving as much of the carving as possible, then replace them with glass to convert it into a guitar display case. Then see how many acoustic guitar backs and sides can be made from the panels.

So I assume I'm not the only one here that actually drags my wife into antique stores looking for stuff just like this!!! Great table top, BTW!!!!

She helps feed the need by pointing out any turned wood bowls she sees...I have a small collection of turned bowls I use to store small screws, picks, slides, etc...in the dungeon.

So I assume I'm not the only one here that actually drags my wife into antique stores looking for stuff just like this!!! Great table top, BTW!!!!

She helps feed the need by pointing out any turned wood bowls she sees...I have a small collection of turned bowls I use to store masks, whips, furr-lined hand cuffs, etc...in the dungeon.

;)

She helps feed the need by pointing out any turned wood bowls she sees...I have a small collection of turned bowls I use to store small screws, picks, slides, etc...in the dungeon.

I love turned bowls - keeps me from reaching to the other side for the food.

I'm always on the look out for rosewood antiques. It's somewhat of an obsession. Most furniture that utilized rosewood was veneer. So when you find something solid it's a real find. Here is my table from the 1850's that is solid brw.

xwZvLhU.jpg

Zq3S46y.jpg

Back