Brand New PRS Fan!

21Hemispheres12

Old Member
Well, I guess not an actual fan yet but I'm trying to nudge him in the right direction! Last week on 2/20/20 my first son was born. Luckily the pregnancy and delivery went mostly smooth with only a few minor complications. The event was more exciting/exhausting/scary than I could have ever imagined but now that we're home and settled everyone is doing great.

I'm hoping he eventually picks up the guitar one day and am certainly going to try to subtly influence him in that direction, but I'd be happy with him playing any instrument really. I'm hoping to one day pass down my prized 594 to him so I took some pictures of him with it so he can see how tiny he was when he was only a few days old! He's already heard Rush's Moving Pictures in it's entirety as any budding Rush fan should!

TWtRqma.jpg

9YNevvn.jpg

Congratulations! Beautiful! And the kid is kinda cute too... ;)

Let us know what he thinks of Exit Stage Left!

Seriously though congratulations on that adorable little guy. Glad to know he's settling in.

Last edited:
Awesome! Way to start him out right! My son is 14 now, and his first concert was Rush on the Clockwork Angels tour.

That's so awesome, I was lucky enough to see Rush with my dad on the time machine tour and then went back and saw them the next year for the Clockwork Angels tour. I am bummed that I'll never get to take my son to see Rush, I'll have to find a good cover band to see as the next best thing.

Well, I guess not an actual fan yet but I'm trying to nudge him in the right direction! Last week on 2/20/20 my first son was born. Luckily the pregnancy and delivery went mostly smooth with only a few minor complications. The event was more exciting/exhausting/scary than I could have ever imagined but now that we're home and settled everyone is doing great.

I'm hoping he eventually picks up the guitar one day and am certainly going to try to subtly influence him in that direction, but I'd be happy with him playing any instrument really. I'm hoping to one day pass down my prized 594 to him so I took some pictures of him with it so he can see how tiny he was when he was only a few days old! He's already heard Rush's Moving Pictures in it's entirety as any budding Rush fan should!

TWtRqma.jpg

9YNevvn.jpg

That's awesome! Congrats to you and your wife! One question begs to be asked though; did you name him Neil, Geddy or Alex?

Congratulations!
I hope to get my two young ones into playing an instrument (preferably guitar of course). Unfortunately my wife got in there first with horses. I'm hoping she played her hand too soon and they'll get bored of them

Congratulations! He’s precious.

I tried “subtle influence” with my son (now 22). Even got him some lessons in middle school. He didn’t take to it. Can’t say I’d recommend higher pressure tactics. He’s a fantastic person. I love him tremendously. I’m glad that he is on his own path to happiness. Would’ve been cool to jam with him at some point...

Back