Brand new HBII Piezzo SE but serial says it's 17 years old!?

patmurris

Hi everybody! :)

Last year (2021) i bought a SE HBII Piezzo from a big online shop in Germany... I'm very pleased and all.

However, i came to wonder which year it was built and checked the serial number CTC E05463 which, if i understand correctly, points to 2004... 17 years ago.

Although i don't mind as the guitar is brand new and all good, that seems pretty odd to me... I can imagine a couple years between production and sale, but 17 years seems a lot?

Is that possible or even common?
What do you think?

Thanks.

According to internet research

The considerably more accessible PRS SE Hollowbody II arrived in late 2019 and was joined in the ranks by this Piezo version in mid-2020.
Good point!

(June 23, 2020) -- PRS Guitars today announced the SE Hollowbody II Piezo.
From: https://www.premierguitar.com/prs-announces-the-se-hollowbody-ii-piezo

Obviously the guitar did not exist in 2004. It looks like the serial number does not belong to it or the numbering scheme is different... and not documented. This is slightly annoying since nobody can really tell when if was manufactured based on the serial.

Hi everybody! :)

Last year (2021) i bought a SE HBII Piezzo from a big online shop in Germany... I'm very pleased and all.

However, i came to wonder which year it was built and checked the serial number CTC E05463 which, if i understand correctly, points to 2004... 17 years ago.

Although i don't mind as the guitar is brand new and all good, that seems pretty odd to me... I can imagine a couple years between production and sale, but 17 years seems a lot?

Is that possible or even common?
What do you think?

Thanks.
It’s a 2021. Check the link. It’s under SE Acoustics since it’s made in China. CTCD was 2020, so CTCE would be 2021.

Back