Bowl Game Smackdown......

Goldfixer

Is it football season yet?
The college football bowl games are now set, who's your team?
My Buckeyes have a date in the desert with Markie's Domers......I will be at the game, watching Ohio State set the earth reverberating , with an epic annihilation of Notre Dame, and enjoying Brian Kelly's red face screaming during the mayhem.....

I think Ohio State could beat any of the teams in the playoffs, let alone the bowls, on a day when they're performing at their best. The only question is whether they'll show up. I still can't believe that MSU game was for real.

As you know, ND doesn't want to play Big Ten teams, unless they're Purdue. They lost to the two teams they played that had a pulse, Stanford and Clemson. So I think you're going to enjoy your trip. ;)

As a Michigan fan, I always enjoyed watching the games against them (M's 24-17 against them, with one tie). As a Big Ten supporter, I'll root for OSU.

Last edited:
I'm a UCF fan.....so I'll just sit and cry until next season. Definitely interested in the acquisition of Frost from Oregon though.

I'll root for Clemson to win it all though. Gotta support a Carolina team, plus, I have some friends that go/went there.

I'm a UCF fan.....so I'll just sit and cry until next season. Definitely interested in the acquisition of Frost from Oregon though.

I'll root for Clemson to win it all though. Gotta support a Carolina team, plus, I have some friends that go/went there.

I live about 45 minutes from Orlando, I have a lot of friends and family that have/do go to UCF...brutal season this year.

I think Michigan and Florida are pretty evenly matched, looks like a tossup game to me, but in any event, Go Blue!

Last edited:
HUGE Hawkeye fan here!! As disappointed as I was Saturday night, the Rose Bowl is a nice consolation prize!!

HUGE Hawkeye fan here!! As disappointed as I was Saturday night, the Rose Bowl is a nice consolation prize!!

You bet! And the Hawks played a tough and super-experienced team that is used to pressure games very, very close. It was a good game.

ASU is basically playing a home game, except at the Diamondbacks' stadium, which is not very well suited for football.

Please try to remember that the Hawks are playing a PAC 12 team in the Rose Bowl:p

So what yer sayin' is the Hawkeyes are gonna roll? Nice, thanks for the vote of conference. BTW, I did hear several talking heads on ESPN today agree that the B1G (that's Big 10 for those not in the know) was the best conference in college football this year.

Oh, and one more thing, I seem to recall Stanford getting beat by a B1G team this year.

:star::beer:

Indeed! But, in hindsight, at the beginning of September I thought they'd be lucky to win 8. This has been a pleasant surprise. Great season, and a great team effort!

Go Hawks! I agree as well that the loss Saturday night was rough, but both teams played very well and very hard. I am looking forward to the Rose Bowl for sure!

So what yer sayin' is the Hawkeyes are gonna roll? Nice, thanks for the vote of conference. BTW, I did hear several talking heads on ESPN today agree that the B1G (that's Big 10 for those not in the know) was the best conference in college football this year.

Oh, and one more thing, I seem to recall Stanford getting beat by a B1G team this year.

:star::beer:

Someone has to represent the PAC 12 on this forum - so I guess it might as well be me :biggrin:

My Badgers will likely get their a$$es handed to them by USC. Offense is pathetic. Maybe we'll have our troubled star running back able to play if he's not hurt or arrested by then. Or maybe the USC coaching turnover will help us. I've had zero faith most of the year. Which is too bad because we had the easiest schedule in history this year.

My Badgers will likely get their a$$es handed to them by USC. Offense is pathetic. Maybe we'll have our troubled star running back able to play if he's not hurt or arrested by then. Or maybe the USC coaching turnover will help us. I've had zero faith most of the year. Which is too bad because we had the easiest schedule in history this year.

I dunno, I was reading some stuff that USC has been having some problems... Maybe it'll be like watching peewee football with kids running the wrong way, ouchies and boo boos, and lots of screaming, lol.

Back