Bought my 1st PRS-How did I do?

You made an excellent choice good wood! The Custom 22 was my first also, although mine has a “wide fat” neck, which is perfect for me, and 85/15 pups. I wonder why yours has a different neck and pups than mine. I’m sure my neck is wide fat, I can feel the thickness difference between it and my SE Tremonti Custom, which has a wide thin neck.

Cant’ wait to see pics! :)

My first PRS was a CU22 in Orange Tiger, loved that guitar but the position of the trem started to get on my nerves. I now own a 594 and feel like i've hit the jackpot!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your CU22!

I appreciate the feedback, even the guys who always have to throw some negative comments.
I'm used to it after being on many forums for years [Les Paul / Marshall Amps, blah blah].
My original question was aimed at the cost. I thought I did below average on the price cause I got real prices on McCarty 594's [ regular,10 Tops & wood Library].

You are reiterating the fact that you originally posted with intent to discuss costs. That is prohibited on this forum, and is in the forum rules, as was indicated to you previously. Which is the reason that you are getting discussion regarding the guitar itself rather than costs. I don't think people are being negative, but rather encouraging you on your new guitar purchase.

And BTW, Congrats!!!!

Kevin

A few photo's...

hzqo6ds.jpg

0CZrKdd.jpg

0ADMnW7.jpg

PUJJGbG.jpg

The best part of this guitar is the Pattern Thin neck

Congratulations! I love my Custom 22 and can relate wholeheartedly... it sounds like you found one that really works for you!

As to the prices we pay, it's my opinion that the best way to pick a guitar is up close and personal - even guitars as consistently excellent as PRS can have different effects on me when I actually get them into my hands... if I play a guitar, hold it, feel it and hear it, and it rings my bells, ticks my boxes, tickles my fancy and grabs me by the cajones, I'll pay what it costs; a guitar that really moves you personally is worth it! Guitars like that are special... they tend not to go anywhere (as evidenced by the 12 PRSs I can see out on their hangers here in my house as I type this ;) )

Congrats!

I'd say you did really well. Looks great from the photos and I agree with many of the other's responses regarding the price. If the guitar feels right and it's a joy to play, then it's worth every penny. The best is when it inspires you to explore new ways of playing and takes your skills to another level. I know the feeling with my recent purchase of a Reclaimed Limited S2 Vela. In my opinion, PRS guitars are game changers.

Hope it brings you many years of enjoyment!

Back