Bought my 1st PRS-How did I do?

Good Wood

I have been shopping on line for over a month looking at the new McCarty 594 double cut. What a beautiful guitar. I was ready to pull the trigger on line. Well to make a long story short I went to my local dealer to play a few before buying [did not have the 594 in stock] so I played a McCarty double cut with the single wraptail bridge [not a fan of those]....very nice, good tone, great feel and not too expensive. Then tried a beautiful Custom 22 with 10 top in Orange Tiger. This guitar was different. Pattern thin neck, 58/15TM pickups, Tremolo and just a single volume and tone knob with 5 way blade switch.I liked the simplicity of it. As soon as I plugged in and played a few drone chords I was like wow, this is nice. Played some more and it just got better & better. Neck felt amazing in my hands like a guitar I had been playing for years. It was an awesome experience and I knew I was not going to buy the 594. I did not care about all the research & price dealing I did on line. I was going home with this awesome Custom 22. The tone and overall guitar was just amazing. Turns out the local dealer had marked it down to $2990.00 + tax. So I walked out the door with it for $3185.00. So how did I do?

[New member and not sure if we talk price here and unable to post photo's] ?

I know how you did...
You did AWESOME!
You always know when something just feels right, and that makes it the right choice.
It makes you play better, sounds nuts but it's true.
Congrats.

You did it right. One should always play the guitar first. For exactly that reason. Now you already know how well the guitar suits you.

I don't see much love for the custom 22 around here but I love mine - it's my number one gigging guitar. I think you'll be very happy. Well done and welcome to the club. (PS, we need photos)

It's always right when a guitar speaks to you. Play and enjoy it!

Not enough posts to do pictures yet, so we’ll just have to trust the good story.

CU22 was my first as well. Good choice.

I disagree. It's easy to get 3 posts or however many it is to be able to post pics. This is the problem with society today...let it slide. I say NO MORE! I love the 22 fretters also, but how do we know the OP isn't using the premise of an NGD to lure us in... then SPAM! "Try my leprechaun blood unicorn cream to remove wrinkles"!??!?! We just can't stand for that around here!:p

I disagree. It's easy to get 3 posts or however many it is to be able to post pics. This is the problem with society today...let it slide. I say NO MORE! I love the 22 fretters also, but how do we know the OP isn't using the premise of an NGD to lure us in... then SPAM! "Try my leprechaun blood unicorn cream to remove wrinkles"!??!?! We just can't stand for that around here!:p
I thought I’d give until noon - just in case he/she is one of those people who wants to make thoughtful posts in between root canals or something. And I might need some wrinkle cream soon - my laundry is a bit tossed looking.

Hello and welcome!

We all like to live vicariously through one another’s NGD, helps with the GAS!

Looking forward to your photos!

And lastly, nice score.

@toothace such cynicism in one so young! ;)

I love CU22s !!! I think you did well because I like CU22 more than 594s
BUT we must have pictures and soon or the flogging will continue ( Dilly Dilly )

wow you bought a guitar you love . it felt right , played right . so what ever the cost you will enjoy it for a very long time.
let us know where you keep it and when you wont be home. we all would like to try it also. we won't make a mess or leave anything out.

I have been shopping on line for over a month looking at the new McCarty 594 double cut. What a beautiful guitar. I was ready to pull the trigger on line. Well to make a long story short I went to my local dealer to play a few before buying [did not have the 594 in stock] so I played a McCarty double cut with the single wraptail bridge [not a fan of those]....very nice, good tone, great feel and not too expensive. Then tried a beautiful Custom 22 with 10 top in Orange Tiger. This guitar was different. Pattern thin neck, 58/15TM pickups, Tremolo and just a single volume and tone knob with 5 way blade switch.I liked the simplicity of it. As soon as I plugged in and played a few drone chords I was like wow, this is nice. Played some more and it just got better & better. Neck felt amazing in my hands like a guitar I had been playing for years. It was an awesome experience and I knew I was not going to buy the 594. I did not care about all the research & price dealing I did on line. I was going home with this awesome Custom 22. The tone and overall guitar was just amazing. Turns out the local dealer had marked it down to $2990.00 + tax. So I walked out the door with it for $3185.00. So how did I do?

[New member and not sure if we talk price here and unable to post photo's] ?

It is all about feel, look and sound. I’m fortunate to live close to some Guitar Centers. I must have gone at least 20+ times trying them out. An Epiphone Les Paul turned into a PRS SE Custom 24.

Posting photo's soon will be a problem. I closed my Photobucket account due to their new charges. I appreciate the feedback, even the guys who always have to throw some negative comments.
I'm used to it after being on many forums for years [Les Paul / Marshall Amps, blah blah].
My original question was aimed at the cost. I thought I did below average on the price cause I got real prices on McCarty 594's [ regular,10 Tops & wood Library]. I'm totally new to PRS guitars and very impressed. The Custom 22 was not what I was looking for, but rather it found me. No regrets. Excellent build quality.

Which free image hosting site are you using [aside from photobucket] so I can post here?
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've sold almost all my guitars that don't have a tremolo. You guitar is on my very short list of instruments to consider. I think you got a great guitar. The price is good, but the guitar is better.

Back