Bought 2nd hand CE, should I worry about neck joint? (see photos)

Fedon Fountoulakis

Hi all, apologies if this is not the correct forum.
I recently bought 2nd hand through Ebay a PRS CE CU24 RUBY RED.
I noticed a line at the neck near headstock. The line is barely noticable by touch.
There was no mention of the issue in the photos, is it something I should worry about?

s!AsEvzuc7VW8m2V4BLvHOzaoB2Ymx

Hi all, apologies if this is not the correct forum.
I recently bought 2nd hand through Ebay a PRS CE CU24 RUBY RED.
I noticed a line at the neck near headstock. The line is barely noticable by touch.
There was no mention of the issue in the photos, is it something I should worry about?

s!AsEvzuc7VW8m2V4BLvHOzaoB2Ymx
No, that's the scarf joint. It is the way the neck is constructed. Allows for the use of less maple when making the neck. Lots manufacturers use this method. Taylor would be a high end example.

No, that's the scarf joint. It is the way the neck is constructed. Allows for the use of less maple when making the neck. Lots manufacturers use this method. Taylor would be a high end example.
Thank you, so should the line be visible and felt by touch?

Welcome! As Bodia said, it is normal for a newer CE. Do post some more pics of it! This forum likes pictures! ;)

Ohhh, yeah. they're hosted on OneDrive and MS doesn't give links directly to files, just to pages that have the images. Not a big deal. Right click -> open in new tab works.

Now that I've seen it, it's gorgeous! I love that blood red. Enjoy it!

Back