Both heartbreaking and touching

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
I don't think I brought it up here at this forum before. But, my father was diagnosed with stage four liver cancer about 2 1/2 months ago. It was/is particularly nasty as far as it being aggressive. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I went to pick him up in OH and bring him to my place for hospice. Things deteriorated quickly.
My dad isn't doing too well. His [motorcycle] club put together an impromptu visit....in the rain....to send him off ceremoniously, while he was still in a good enough condition to recognize and appreciate/enjoy it. Thank you to the Buffalo Soldiers motorcycle club from both here in PA and from VA. I am sure this was something that helped him to feel loved.

My apologies in advance if any of you find this a bit disturbing at all.

(Disregard my sniffling in the video. I didn't anticipate it hitting me like it did)

230897902_10165539556685331_6700327665644886499_n.jpg

231296669_10165538831040331_7113991812775995224_n.jpg

I don't think I brought it up here at this forum before. But, my father was diagnosed with stage four liver cancer about 2 1/2 months ago. It was/is particularly nasty as far as it being aggressive. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I went to pick him up in OH and bring him to my place for hospice. Things deteriorated quickly.
My dad isn't doing too well. His [motorcycle] club put together an impromptu visit....in the rain....to send him off ceremoniously, while he was still in a good enough condition to recognize and appreciate/enjoy it. Thank you to the Buffalo Soldiers motorcycle club from both here in PA and from VA. I am sure this was something that helped him to feel loved.

My apologies in advance if any of you find this a bit disturbing at all.

(Disregard my sniffling in the video. I didn't anticipate it hitting me like it did)

230897902_10165539556685331_6700327665644886499_n.jpg

231296669_10165538831040331_7113991812775995224_n.jpg

Beautiful.

Sorry your family has to endure any of that, it's an ugly thing, but yet inside of it, that ray of sunshine still shows through in the love and respect shown to your pop. That light is a reflection of who he must be, and how he's touched others.

Strength to you and yours.

Dank,

If anything, it'll help your father find peace and will be comforting to him, despite his suffering. Life is too short, and old age and illness eventually overtakes us all. May your Dad walk safely with God.

That was very nice of his friends. I am very sorry to hear that your father is ill. May God provide comfort for you, your family, and friends through this difficult time. I understand what you are going through and the emotions that you are feeling.

I rode with the Buffalo Soldiers out of Chicago a couple of times during some bike rallies.

What a great group of people!

So sorry to hear about your Dad! He's in a good comfortable place with family, and you are a good son!

@danktat I dont know your Dad, but I can tell how wonderful he is just by reading your posts and getting to know a little about you over the previous couple years and your positive attitude.
We reflect the best parts of our parents thanks to the loving way they raised us.

Sending you lots of love
God bless you and your family

Not at all disturbing! Very moving. It shows the depth of care and concern and community. Best wishes to you and your dad. Thanks for posting it here.

=K

Back