Boss SDE-3000 / SDE-3000 EVH

Tough Crowd...

I Guess Nobody Here But Myself Likes Delay Effects...

Nice sounding delay unit. I use delay a lot in composing. The Post Rock stuff I've been listening too uses it a lot to add to layers in the guitar sound, in their compositions. It's a fun tool.

Sounds good - I've always had tone issues with Boss effects, but maybe they've improved their buffers?
Tone Issues? What Was The Last Boss Product You Used? Their Recent Nicer Offerings Seem To Work Well.

Tone Issues? What Was The Last Boss Product You Used? Their Recent Nicer Offerings Seem To Work Well.
The last Boss product I used was their TU3, the current tuner (2017?). I replaced it because the buffer did that Boss thing I can hear but can't quite put into words. Hmmm...maybe it sounds a little like a formant. Anyway, I hear their buffer every time I use a Boss pedal; they have a characteristic sound.

So I use a good buffer by Pettyjohn, and have another by Suhr (not currently on my board). All the difference in the world. I don't want to hear the dang buffer, I just want it to work transparently and preserve the signal. The Pettyjohn and Suhr do, the Boss buffer on most (all?) of their pedals doesn't.

I liked the Roland rack stuff. It was studio grade. They own Boss, but it's a different deal.

It'd be very hard for me to consider a $500 (base model) Boss effect box if it uses the same buffer as their other pedals. But maybe their more expensive pedals sound better. If so, great! Let me know if you get one, I love a good delay, though I'm happy as a clam with my H9s.

Last edited:
The last Boss product I used was their TU3, the current tuner (2017?). I replaced it because the buffer did that Boss thing I can hear but can't quite put into words. Hmmm...maybe it sounds a little like a formant. Anyway, I hear their buffer every time I use a Boss pedal; they have a characteristic sound.

So I use a good buffer by Pettyjohn, and have another by Suhr (not currently on my board). All the difference in the world. I don't want to hear the dang buffer, I just want it to work transparently and preserve the signal. The Pettyjohn and Suhr do, the Boss buffer on most (all?) of their pedals doesn't.

I liked the Roland rack stuff. It was studio grade. They own Boss, but it's a different deal.

It'd be very hard for me to consider a $500 (base model) Boss effect box if it uses the same buffer as their other pedals. But maybe their more expensive pedals sound better. If so, great! Let me know if you get one, I love a good delay, though I'm happy as a clam with my H9s.
I Hear Ya! I Have One On The Way. I Look Forward To Getting It. I Also Have The Boss 500 Series Pedals And They Are Nice. I Bet You Would Like Them But In Reality, You Probably Don't "Need" Them And If You Are Happy With The H9's Then You Are Covered In All Truth. Truth Be Told, Memory Lane (No Delay Pedal Pun Intended) Got Me On This One. Those Units Were Great And With This Pedal Being A Dual And Having The Additional Routing Options On The EVH Version AND His Presets I Was All In. :)

I Hear Ya! I Have One On The Way. I Look Forward To Getting It. I Also Have The Boss 500 Series Pedals And They Are Nice. I Bet You Would Like Them But In Reality, You Probably Don't "Need" Them And If You Are Happy With The H9's Then You Are Covered In All Truth. Truth Be Told, Memory Lane (No Delay Pedal Pun Intended) Got Me On This One. Those Units Were Great And With This Pedal Being A Dual And Having The Additional Routing Options On The EVH Version AND His Presets I Was All In. :)
The demos you posted sounded very good, as I said. I like the idea of the routing options, and the EVH presets...who wouldn't want to try them?

I'll be interested in your review!

The demos you posted sounded very good, as I said. I like the idea of the routing options, and the EVH presets...who wouldn't want to try them?

I'll be interested in your review!
Not Much Excites Me Anymore But I Am Really Looking Forward To This One.

I watched a couple of videos on it. It sounds cool and is super deep in features. Its a very specific tool.

As I watched I thought that I could get pretty close to it with my Strymon Timeline...

I watched a couple of videos on it. It sounds cool and is super deep in features. Its a very specific tool.

As I watched I thought that I could get pretty close to it with my Strymon Timeline...
There Are A Few Pedals That Can Most Likely Easily Get You "Close Enough For Rock And Roll." There Is So Much Cool Stuff Out There Now! I Wish All This Stuff Was Available When I Was A Kid.

I Was Impressed With The Sound And Routing Options, Etc. On The EVH Version From What I Am Seeing. Push A Button And Maybe Tweak A Bit To Taste And Have Eddies Settings And Sounds On Top Of It And I Am In...LOL. Saves Me Time.

On The EVH Version From What I Am Seeing. Push A Button And Maybe Tweak A Bit To Taste And Have Eddies Settings And Sounds On Top Of It And I Am In...LOL. Saves Me Time.
Which makes it 100% worth the price of admission, if you ask me!

Back