BOOM!

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Just published on the PRS Guitars Facebook Page:

S8ij19X.jpg

zNSnABw.jpg

2-point trem on the SE. I've never been a fan of that but I'll be interested to see how it works.

And Instagram. Bit disappointed in the colour choices (so far).
Those aren't colors I would jump to buy, but they are very different from the rest of the SE line-up, and actually different enough from the "core" (?) Mayer model. That Moon White (faded yellow) is very interesting looking.

Still zero info non pricing right?
Will it be $999? $799?

Good good, prices of the US one will drop on the used market.. :D
Lol. You mean like how used Core 594s are so cheap because of the S2 line-up? Not so much. Instead, I can see a price-hike for the US model, which will float used prices higher, to make room for the SE price point, which I predict will be similar to the price point of the SE HB II piezo model.

2-point trem on the Fiore too, so I assume they have applied some lessons learned there.

I didn't know that. The Fiore is outside my wheelhouse so I never paid that much attention. I assume PRS know what they're doing with this one. Thankfully they didn't ask for my input or there never would have been the original SS. I thought it would crash and burn. Happy to be wrong about that one.

Lol. You mean like how used Core 594s are so cheap because of the S2 line-up? Not so much. Instead, I can see a price-hike for the US model, which will float used prices higher, to make room for the SE price point, which I predict will be similar to the price point of the SE HB II piezo model.

maybe you are right... will see how good the pickups are on the SS SE

2 point trems have been used successfully on many many many guitars.

I'm sure that's true. My personal preference is a 6-point trem with 7.25" radius. The changes won't prevent me from giving one a look though.

I'm sure that's true. My personal preference is a 6-point trem with 7.25" radius.
It makes zero difference what the radius is (if that’s what you meant?).

Personally I don’t care how many contact points a trem has, as long as it works, and that’s more to do with whether it’s setup correctly rather than the actual number.

Now I totally want to see a Philip McKnight video comparing the SE version against the American made Silver Sky models.
I’ll save you the wait. Pretty sure it was him who said “SE guitars are not real PRS guitars”, so....

I’ll judge it on it’s own merits, and if any comparisons are drawn it’ll be with other guitars in its price point, not with ones that costs twice as much (I’m guessing).

I’ll save you the wait. Pretty sure it was him who said “SE guitars are not real PRS guitars”, so....

I’ll judge it on it’s own merits, and if any comparisons are drawn it’ll be with other guitars in its price point, not with ones that costs twice as much (I’m guessing).

Pretty sure he mentions him because of his comparison between the core 594 and S2 594.

Back